1.15.2011

The Craziest Start of All

Yes, I have officially done a crazy thing to end this crazy challenge.... but before we get to that, here are the pictures (kind of crummy ones, sorry!) for days 13 and 14...

 Day 13 - Here's a cute sampler from Cross Country Stitching.  It will read, "Thank God for what you have; Trust Him for what you need." and is surrounded by lots of birds.  Just a sweet, quick stitch.
 Day 14 starts an old pattern from Stoney Creek (1985) called Shepherd Boy.  My dd thinks that it looks like a mutant sheep so far! :-)






And then, the craziest of crazy starts for day 15...


The (absolutely huge) kit my husband gave me for Christmas!  I can't imagine that I could get it done this year... I just don't have that many hours in my day to devote to cross stitch, BUT... I figured that I will be much more apt to spend time on it if it is part of my challenge projects.  Almost all the stitching you see is more of that 5 strands of floss on 18 count nightmare.  Grrrr.... who *designs* stuff like this???   I know that that is only for the deep shadows, and, granted, it is gorgeous when it is done, but *really*!!!!! :-)  

I think it's fun that tomorrow is the start of a new week, so I can start my plan to devote a week to a project.  I'm going to start with a 3/4 finished square for Angel Quilts and see if I can get that sent off by the end of the week.  Then we'll see what calls my name the most.  I might finish the ornament that is for an exchange come February, but, probably it will be one of the projects on the scroll rods so I can reuse them as I finish.  Have I mentioned that I love my stitching stand?  LOL!!

Thanks so much for stopping by and being so encouraging during the challenge!  Blessings to you!

7 comments:

DJ said...

Oh, I love the saying on your first piece!! Can't wait to see what is surrounding the lettering!! I like your mutant, I mean...ahem...cute little darling sheep! *said sheepishly* LOL Seriously I think he's adorable!! And all I can say about day 15 is WOW!!! That's stunning, and how brave of you to put that in your challenge (but smart too, because you'll be more apt to work along on it!) So I say...well done, and onwards and upwards! I hope that we all finish within the year! *Hugs*

And This Little Pig said...

Wow Tricia, that is a huge start. Look forward to seeing progress, I assume the 5 stands will give it depth? Also look forward to seeing you Angel Quilt.
LiBBiE in Oz

Kttycat said...

Your day 15 project is really pretty! I agree with it being a pain but it will look so gorgeous!

Rhona said...

Your day 15 project looks stunning. Although I agree it will be hard, but just think of the satisfaction when it's completed! Good luck with it.

Niina said...

Tricia, you have nice starts and last is big one! It will be so gorgeus...

CalamityJr said...

What ambitious stitching! I'm most looking forward to seeing the cross country stitching verse and sheep. Thanks for sharing!

Marcy said...

Great starts! Day 15's piece will be stunning when done. I look forward to seeing them progress over the year.