1.02.2011

Crazy Days!

Welcome to 2011!!  I'm sorry that I didn't update yesterday, but I'll try to catch you up to today...


First, here's my new Stitch E-Z lap stand (and some of my grey hair if you look closely! LOL!)  It comes with the clamp that you see, as well as a scroll frame.  I'm loving it!  Although it is going to take me awhile to learn this two-handed stitching thing!!

In the hoop is a square for the Angel Quilt Project.  I hope to do a number of squares for them this year!

Here's my last finish for 2010 - a JCS ornament.  I haven't had a chance to finish it into a pillow yet, but it is for a friend who has just been diagnosed with gastric cancer.  I'd like to send it to her as a start to a "basket of hope"- something like Faye's pink basket that she's making in honor of a friend.


Here is my start for Day One of the Crazy challenge.  I really didn't have a lot of time to stitch yesterday, so there isn't a ton done, but it does seem like it will be a fun stitch... except for trying to use 5 strands of floss in 18 count aida.  Grrrr....

And here's today's start.  This adorable fob by Shepherd's Bush.  I've finished the back and started on the front, but I think now I will put it away and work on my Angel Quilt square for awhile tonight.

I'm starting to feel like I could be getting the cold/flu that my daughter has been fighting with for a week.    I do hope that I'll at least be able to do my crazy 15 starts if I get sick. :-)  See you soon!

Blessings!

15 comments:

Nan said...

Great start on your Challenge. The mountain lake piece terrifies me....LOL.
Looking forward to seeing your progress.

CalamityJr said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon. Does the pattern really call for 5 strands on 18 count???

Niina said...

Oh I really would love to stitch every piece you have started!

gracie said...

love your pieces. I am a 2 handed stitcher...can not go back to just one hand! Stands are so helpful. Hope you are not getting sick...

Carol said...

It is fun to see your new start, Tricia--I especially love the SB fob!

Hope you don't come down with the flu--not what anyone needs at the start of a new year, is it?

Enjoy your new lap stand!

DJ said...

Looks like your new stand is going to get a work out!! With all the stitching you do for others (the angel quilt and the basket of "hope" for your friend) you seem like a pretty special lady! Love the Morning lake piece, those Gold Collections are so beautiful (but so involved, I've done a few). Good luck with the challenge!! *Hugs*

Petites xxx et Cie ! Mon petit coin de Paradis said...

Great start Tricia! I will follow your Crazy Challenge...
Bisxxx
Françoise

Kttycat said...

Good job on your starts! I do hope you feel better soon!

Mouse said...

Hi well done on your starts .... love them all :) and your stand is brill ... you will get used to using two hands honest :) really enjoying the challenge too:) love mouse xxxx

And This Little Pig said...

Tricia, you have been very busy, I did smile over the 5 strands of floss and 18 count Aida, sorry :) Great (many) starts all round.
LiBBiE in Oz

Karen said...

What a sweet finish for a friend in need. Love your new starts too... can't wait to see the rest.

RJ's Momma said...

Great projects and WOW you stitch fast:) I'm not sure I could handle 5 strands on 18 ct. That would drive me crazy!!! But the pattern is really nice:)
Shannon Meyer

Marcy said...

Once you get used to two handed stitching, you'll love it. What pretty starts.
Ouch! 5 strands -- I bet your fingers will be sore from that.

Marcy said...

Once you get used to two handed stitching, you'll love it. What pretty starts.
Ouch! 5 strands -- I bet your fingers will be sore from that.

Joy said...

You are encouraging me to pull out my stand & work on my two hand stitching...after all the crazy pieces have been started. Did you say 5 strands?? Ughh...I know that is a pain but the end result will put a smile on your face! I hope you feel better soon! :-)