1.08.2011

Days 7 & 8

It's day 8 of the challenge and I'm finally starting to feel better!  What a blessing!  But when I went to write this post I realized that I had been feeling so rotten that I'd numbered my days wrong on the last few posts.  They're fixed now! 

  Here is my Day 7 start - LHN's Woodland Sampler ( or is it Woodland Sampling?  I don't have it in front of me...)  I was going to do it on linen that I'd bought especially for it, but my head hurt too badly last night to attempt to do anything over two, so I started it on 18 ct Fiddler's cloth and it's adorable.  I can't wait to finish it!  

And here's today's start... and finish. :-)  Just pretend that I made the picture look antique-ish and that it isn't really the horrible light that I took it under that made it look sort of yellow.  I'll post a better picture when I actually finish-finish it. :-)



I've had this Shepherd's Bush fob kit for a year and just kept putting it off.  Today was the day, though.  I was feeling better, but not good enough to do much, so I spent most of the day stitching and listening to Elizabeth Klett read Emma.  She is a FANTASTIC reader!  I love to listen to the Jane Austen books that she's read for Librivox while I stitch.  It was so fun to finish something - especially cuz I feel like I've lost a week of the challenge while I was sick.  I'm not behind with my starts, I just didn't feel like I'd been accomplishing very much. 

So... what shall I start tomorrow?  I hope you'll stop by and see! :-)

Blessings!

7 comments:

gracie said...

so glad you are feeling better...can't wait to see the fob finished.

Sari said...

Looks nice, you have stitched a lot!

Nan said...

Sorry to hear that you have been feeling rotten. I hope you feel better soon. You've been so diligent with the challenge and I've enjoyed seeing your starts.

DJ said...

Ooohhh....Love Shepherd's Bush!! Don't you feel like you've conquered the world when you finish stitching something!?!?! Can't wait to see how you'll finish it (maybe you can take pictures of your process and enlighten us who are finishing challenged?) LOL I hope tomorrow you are feeling even better! *Hugs*

CalamityJr said...

Oh, I do like those new starts, especially the bunny on the woodland sampler. I'll be anxious to see it finished!

Niina said...

Glad that you are feeling better! Your stitchings look great!

Petites xxx et Cie ! Mon petit coin de Paradis said...

Sorry to hear that you have been unwell... Hope it's ok from now.
All you have started is beautiful. I love your crazy challenge!
Take care & keep stitching
Bisxxx
Françoise