1.22.2011

Friday Night Sew In & Weekend Wrap Up

What a busy week!  I'm so glad that I signed up to do the Friday night sew in, though.  It got me started on a quilt for my dh.  I'd made the center block a long time age, but then I couldn't decide how to make it scrappy, cuz there were too many fat quarters of color to choose from.  Pathetic, I know!!  Anyway, I'm making up a simple design and have it all ready to sew on little by little.  I think the center star is destined for a tabletopper. :-)

My other sewed project for yesterday is this...  I finished the Shepherd's Bush Glad Tidings fob from the challenge!!!!! :-)  I am *so* thrilled.  I've never had a scissors fob and I just love it.  I put it on the Lion's Tail scissors that my dh got me for Christmas, and it just fits. :-)


Which brings me to the next piece of news...  I have enough of the kit left to make another fob, I think - or pretty close at least.  You'd need to add some fabric and maybe a little thread, but I'll sell the remnants and the chart for $5 to the first one who is interested.  I prefer paypal, cuz it's easier. :-)  Here's a picture of what is included (and the chart, of course!)...  My email is in my profile on my sidebar.
** SALE PENDING **


As for my weekend wrap up, I got a lot done this week!


First, I finished the block for Angel Quilts.  It was my last 2010 UFO.



I worked on my Challenge Start #2...



And on my challenge start #5.

I'll see if I can finish those this week. :-)

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Blessings!

6 comments:

Impera_Magna said...

The scissors fob is darling... those stitches are soooo tiny!

Nan said...

My Tricia.....You've been a busy girl. Your scissor fob is darling. I was at the quilt shop today admiring the fabric. Of course I couldn't leave until I made a purchase so I completely understand the "too many fat quarters".
Take care!

Carol said...

Congratulations on your darling scissor fob, Tricia! I've never made one yet, but yours sure is cute :) Nice progress on all of your challenge pieces, too--I'd say you had a very productive week!

Valda said...

Congratulations on your fob. Very cute! I love the block you started for your quilt. I think it would still be a beautiful center piece for a quilt even if the rest of the blocks were simple. Very good starts on your challenge pieces!!

Niina said...

You have been very busy I see :) Nice work, have to say!

Scattered Threads said...

Beautiful scissor fob Tricia.
Is there a pattern to your quilt block?
Please let me know.
Jackie.