So.... notice any difference between these two pictures??? *Besides* the fact that one is finished?
I started the this piece during the challenge and I've always *loved* the pattern. I also needed to finish it sooner rather than later because it's for an exchange, so I pulled it out on Friday and did a few stitches and then thought I'd finish it on Saturday. BUT when Saturday rolled around I found that I couldn't face it. Which is silly. I love this pattern and have wanted to stitch it since I first saw it. What was my problem?? Hmmmm.... Then it hit me. I had started this on a piece of linen that I'd cut from a huge hunk I'd gotten when our LNS went out of business a few years ago. I figured I could do an ornament on it. Wrong! It's just beautiful fabric - the color is more mushroom than the grey it looks in the picture - and I love the look of the stitching on it. But I can not work on it, without feeling ill.
Soooooo.... I found a piece of 28 count tan evenweave - 100% cotton - and restarted it Saturday night... and finished it on Sunday! Yay! I'm 3/15 completed with the challenge, because I completed this one on Saturday, too!
So... if anyone is interested in the unfinished start of Santa's Flight, let me know. It is 32 count linen, and I was using the recommended DMC. The pattern is in the '09 JCS Ornament Edition. Just look at it like a Round Robin project that you get to keep. :-) If you're interested, just leave a comment on this post and if more than one person is interested, I'll draw a name on Wednesday.