2.19.2011

Weekend Wrap Up & Friday Night Stitch In

Hello friends!

Friday Night Sew In became Friday Night Stitch In at my house yesterday.  Somehow sitting, stitching and watching an old Doris Day movie seemed to be what the evening called for, so I complied. ☺

I've been working on Pumpkin Cottage this week mostly.  Here's the progress so far...


Hopefully you can't tell all the little (or big!) mistakes I made.  I tried to cover them up and I think it will be ok...  We'll see!!  I just love the colors in this one.  It makes me happy!!

I've also put a few stitches in my LHN Woodland Sampling.  I'll work on that more this week, too, I think.  Here's it's progress...


Now my fun mail for today!  My son went out early, early this morning to put a letter in the mailbox and came back with a little box that I'm *sure* wasn't there yesterday.  Hmmm... Anyway - I received my ornament from the HOE Reindeer Exchange from Janet and its MARVELOUS!  The fabric is sparkly and there is wool on the back.  Sigh!  I love it.  She also send a few threads and some gold John James needles.  I am *so* spoiled.  What a happy Saturday morning!



Isn't it gorgeous??

Well, that's it for me for now!  Hopefully I'll have a finish to show by the end of this next week.

Blessings!

19 comments:

gracie said...

Haven't watched a Doris Day movie in awhile! All of the stitching is lovely and your exchange piece is so very nice....

Blu said...

Pumpkin Cottage looks awesome. Can't see any mistakes from here.

CalamityJr said...

Oh, what fun, in your exchange gifts! Janet did a great job! I'm loving your woodland sampling, and if your don't tell us that anything's wrong with pumpkin cottage we'll never know!

Scattered Threads said...

Pumpkin Cottage is looking good Tricia and I know you must be enjoying it because I remembered you wanting to get it stitched. The gifted ornie is beautiful also.
Looking forward to seeing it done along with Woodland Samplings.
Jackie.

Impera_Magna said...

Last night must have been "watch a movie" night b/c a lot of FNSI'ers did just that... including me!

You do lovely cross stitching...

Angie @ CraftedAngles said...

Beautiful sampler! Great FNSI.

Angie - http://craftedAngles.com

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Pumpkin Cottage is lovely! What a warm Autumn scene :)

Alisa said...

I really like the Pumpkin Cottage! What designer is it? The ornament you received is lovely...so nice to get those surprises. :)

Petites xxx et Cie ! Mon petit coin de Paradis said...

Your stitching is lovely and the ornament exchange you received is very nice.
Bisxxx
Françoise

Carol said...

That sounds like a perfect Fridgay night to me, Tricia! Your little Pumpkin Cottage is darling and I don't think anyone would ever notice any mistakes!

Very sweet reindeer from Janet :)

blueladie said...

Your stitching is great, Tricia. Love the Pumpkin Cottage. Thanks for sharing the pics. Always love looking. :D Cathryn

Ranae said...

Two wonderful WIP's both are lovely.
The reindeer ornamnet exchange is just too cute

Rita said...

Beautiful stitching, Tricia!

What a wonderful surprise in the mailbox!

Nancy in IL said...

Pumpkin Cottage is beautiful, and I can't see any mistakes at all! I'm hoping to see Woodland Samplings finihsed soon, and I love your gift ornament. Lucky you!

Vicky L said...

Pumpkin Cottage looks wonderful. i cant wait to see it finish. Your exchange looks great. Isnt nice to find a surprise?

Joy said...

Great stitching Tricia!! You are moving right along on your piece!

Sally said...

Pumpkin Cottage looks lovely so far. I love the colours in this one.

Lovely exchange piece.

Theresa said...

I don't see any mistakes - your Pumpkin Cottage is looking wonderful. I must go and search out the chart for the woodland design, I'm not familiar with that one - it looks lovely.

Miss LindaLee said...

Tricia~I love all your pictures. You stitch so well. I love all the colors and Pumpkin Cottage I adore!