3.19.2011

Friday Night Sew In Pictures!

 So much fun on Friday (Night) Sew In this week!  I finished or stitched and finished three projects, *and* I got taken out to eat by my dear husband to end the day's work.  I am so blessed!

First, my needle book from the Traveling Stitcher by Little House Needleworks.  I stitched the cover of the needle book back in July, but hadn't decided if I was going to purchase the Project Keeper or make my own.  I decided to "wing it" and give it a try.

 I had just picked up the cute little pair of scissors on Thursday, when my daughter and I decided to take advantage of her day off and take a quick trip to a little cross stitch shop called Welcome Stitchery about an hour and a half away in Illinois.  It was *such* a fun trip!  Anyway, my little scissors needed some sort of fob, so I quickly stitched the little girl from the Traveling Stitcher chart, added my name and put it together quickly with some pinking shears and felt.  I'm so thrilled to have a needle book!  Perhaps I won't keep dropping my needles on the floor now!


Next I finished a quick Pine Mountain stitch that I also picked up on Thursday.  I'm doing it in different colors for the pillow that it came with, so this one, I decided to incorporate into a little quilted mug mat that I'll be passing along to Ann as her pay it forward from November.  (I'm pretty sure she's on a blogging break right now and won't see this, but if she does... Hi Ann!).


And finally, I finished my Woodland Sampling from LHN into a pillow.  This was going to be a PIF too, but my daughters both claimed it.  Besides, I want to stitch Mouse (the winner of the draw in my last Pass it Forward) a snowman, because she was taunting me with Cherry Blossoms when I still had snow! LOL!!



I did some stitching this week on two of my other Crazy challenge pieces, but not really enough to show, and I need to settle on something for the rest of the weekend.  I might just go through my basket and see what calls my name. :-)

Blessings!

17 comments:

Mouse said...

aww thanks babes love snowmen heheheh .. love the travelling needle case and the cute fob :) shame about the woodland sampling being nabbed by DD'S ..lol *sigh can't wait to get mine :) ... ps drawing my pif in a few mins when DH will do the honours :) love mouse xxxx

gracie said...

Love them all!

Alisa said...

Wow...you sure got a lot accomplished! I love the needle book and that pillow is fantastic. :)

blueladie said...

Beautiful work Tricia. I love the scissors fob you made. TFS :) Cathryn

Friendship Crossing said...

Love all your items you finished! I'm jealous ~ I didn't get near as much done for the Fri. N. Sew~In as you did, but I did get some done.

Great job!

Tanya

Stitching Cat said...

Love your finish of the needlebook and fob. And the pillow too. Thanks for sharing your finishes.

supermom said...

Looks like you had a great FNSI. All your projects are so lovely.

Carol said...

You've really been busy, Tricia! I love them all, but the colors in the mug mat are especially perfect with your little sheep stitching--great job :)

Joyce Clark Frank said...

A very pretty needlebook. I love it.
The trip sounds fun.

Nan said...

Wow Tricia you've been a busy girl, LOL!
I love that you made your own needlebook. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, Right?
Love your finishes!

Sally said...

Your finishes are lovely Tricia.

Rita said...

Beautiful finishes!!

I love the red fabric you used with your needlebook.

Colleen said...

Congrats on your Beautiful finishes Tricia. One busy girl! I used to shop at Welcome Stitchery, when I lived in Illinois. Neat shop! Love the little sheepie.

Kate said...

Gorgeous finishes Tricia.

BrendaS said...

You have been a busy girl. Love all of your finishes, especially the needlebook and fob.

Have a great week.

Milly~ said...

Oh my, not sure which I like more. All such lovely finishes. I so will have to try a finish like your Woodland Sampling...just darling!

Joy said...

OMG Tricia! Your finishes are wonderful!! Go girl!!! :-)

**Email the directions you used for the needlebook...please!