4.14.2011

The Traveling Stash


 Hello friends!  I have lots and lots to share today, so be sure to read / scroll *all the way to the end* of the post so you don't miss anything! :-)


Here's my finished Roly Poly bear, all ready to be washed and sent out to be made into a quilt.  I finished it a few days before I expected, so I'm going to stitch on Day One from my Crazy 15 today through Saturday.  Sunday I'll start working on G is for Girl.  Too fun!


Day One - Dimensions "Morning Lake"

 Want to see some more gorgeousness?  This isn't quite finished, but it is DD #2's project at the moment. It's from a Stoney Creek magazine from last year.  SO pretty!!


Remember how I was doing some organizing in the last post?  Well, I did a little more.  I looked through each of the projects that I put into my binders and wrote down what I needed for them, then I roughly figured how many days or weeks each project would take.  I figured low in my estimate of stitches per week, so I know that it may not take me as long as I'm figuring, but if it did, I have enough in my three binders, plus the three kits that my dh got me for Christmas, to keep me stitching for two and a half years!  That being said, I have a few things I'd like to offer for sale, and then.... if you page down... I'd like to start a Traveling Stash Box.

First, the "for sale" items.  I prefer paypal, and you can email me at tjtrax at yahoo dot com, if you're interested.  Prices include shipping.

Bent Creek Red Thread Border Pack with Snaps and Buttons (Red Hearts & Stars) and First Pattern of the series  Retail  $15.00 - Asking $5.00

CCN Pumpkin Cottage - Retail $8 - Asking $4
sold

LHN - Blessed are the Meek (Chart Only) - $3
sold

OK!  On to the fun stuff!  I've been so blessed to have received a number of blog candies in the past six months or so, and I've pulled things from each and added them to my stash of threads, fabrics, patterns, scissors, etc.  But after paring down my stash to fit in my binders, I find that there are many lovely stitching things that I just know I won't be using in the next year or two and I'd love to pass them on.  So, here's what I've done.  I'm going to start a "Traveling Stash Box" (or Flat Rate Envelope... we'll see!).  I'm going to fill it with the things you see below...  There are some patterns (LHN, Shakespeare's Peddler, Trilogy, Lizzie Kate...), threads, linen, buttons.... a little of everything.  Well, except scissors.  I didn't seem to be able to part with any of my scissors!  The rule is that when you get the Traveling Stash, you go through and take what you'd like.  Then you add to the box as many things as you've taken out... plus some extra, if you'd like, and then offer it on your blog.   And on and on it goes. :-)  If you're interested, just mention it in your comment and I'll draw a name next Wednesday.

BTW, if you see anything that I won in your blog candy in my Traveling Stash pile, please don't be offended!  Rest assured that I have treats tucked away from each stitching package that I've ever received!! :-)  I just thought this would be a fun way to share my joy and your generosity with others !!


Don't forget that it is Friday Night Sew In tomorrow!  I know I'll be stitching, although I'm not sure I'll get the sewing machine pulled out.  We'll see!

Happy Stitching!

20 comments:

Teresa said...

Your DD's piece is gorgeous...be sure and tell her I said so.

What a wonderful idea...a traveling stash box....I know the perfect things to add....please put me in the drawing.

Mouse said...

oooo very nice idea of the travelling stash :) if its ok to send across the pond count me in :) and DD2's work is lovely too:) well done that girl :)
nice to know you will be kept out of mischief for a while hehehe .. I wonder how long I would have to stitch for ??? love mouse xxx

Parsley said...

Love all your projects. So fun!

Hmmm...I adore the pumpkin cottage. I'm thinking that needs a new home ;-)

Teresa said...

What a fun traveling stash envelope. I too could add several items to the stash. Put me into the drawing.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

tangerinedream73 said...

What a great idea! I would love to be entered in your drawing. Make sure to come over to my blog soon. I am having a fantabulous giveaway.

Amy
http://crossstitchandcupcakes.blogspot.com/
tangerinedream73@gmail.com

Teresa S. said...

Another Teresa commenting here :) This is a great idea! Please put my name in-I have a ton of stuff!

Cath said...

I'd love to be entered for the travelling stash box please .
Thanks

blueladie said...

Tricia, Love your idea for the traveling stash box almost as much as I love your stitching! :D Please enter me. Thank you! Cathryn (blueladie at hotmail dot com)

Milly~ said...

What fun reading about all the goodies, finishes, etc. I'd love to be considered for the traveling stash box.

Nancy in IL said...

Tricia, what a great blog post! I love your Roly Poly Bear - adorable, and the Dimensions piece has such beautiful colors! What fun to be starting the G is For Girl - recently received the latest issue of JCS with the matching boy design. Sooo cute! And your DD's Stoney Creek piece is just what you said - gorgeousness. Looks like a piece of fine art.

Please enter me into the drawing also. I would love to add some things, but at my age, don't need to take anything out, LOL!

Nan said...

Hi Tricia! What a great idea for the traveling stash. Wherever to you get your inspiration? Please enter me.
Love your stitching!

~*Shar*~ said...

I'd love to enter your traveling stash; it sounds like fun... Great stitching..

Hugs, Shar

Ellen said...

Great idea! Would love to join your traveling stash box, thank you.

Hugs,

Maggee said...

The Traveling Stash box is great idea! Count me in please! Hugs!

SoCal Debbie said...

I agree with everyone else! The Traveling Stash box/envelope is a wonderful idea! I'd love to participate too!

Your Morning Lake has gorgeous colors. I can't wait to see it finished. Your daughter's work is beautiful too!

Joyce Clark Frank said...

Your DD is doing a great job and your stitching is also great.
The Traveling Stash box is a great idea! Count me in please.
joycefrank@sbcglobal.net
http://joycesloveoflife.blogspot.com

DJ said...

Hi Tricia! I love your idea of the traveling stash box! You need to write a book about your organization ideas...really it's truly wonderful and I'm thinking of incorporating a few of your ideas!! Love the bear, you did a wonderful job! Your daughter's piece is pretty, I always loved Stoney Creek...their shading is fabulous! *Hugs*

MaryT said...

Love you stitching and DD is really pretty.
Mary Louise

Blu said...

Lovely stitching. Your DD's piece looks amazing!

DQ said...

Great stitching, your DD #2 is so gorgeous!
I'm also having a give away, come by and check it out
http://deesstitchingcorner.blogspot.com/2011/04/what-am-i.html
DQ