10.02.2011

A Finish!




I just put the last few back stitches into Morning Lake.  Ahhh...  relief.  I can't say that I enjoyed every stitch of this one, but I do like the finished product and I'm thrilled to have another of my challenge pieces done!!  This was one of the kits my dh gave me for Christmas last year, and I really wanted to have it done so I could get it framed to give back to him for Christmas this year. : )  I'm not sure which one I'll add into the rotation next, but it will be one that only uses cross stitches... no 1/2 stitches with 3 or 4 threads for me for awhile again!!


I received this adorable little pillow from Sally this week for winning a little contest she had on her blog. Isn't it sweet?  I love SB designs and I love sheep, so it has a place of honor on my desk. : )

Thanks so much for stopping by!


17 comments:

Vonna said...

A lovely finish Tricia :) your challenge piece is stunning!
And what a sweet gift from Sally!

Vicky L said...

Morning Lake is gorgeous! Congrats on the finish! The pillow is cute!

CalamityJr said...

Oh, Morning Lake was certainly worth the time and effort! Can't wait to see how you frame it for your honey.

Cindy said...

ooohhh...your Morning Lake is beautiful.....what a gigantic lot of work that was!! and i love your little pillow...:D

Charity C. said...

Oh what a wonderful job! It looks great!! I love your little pillow! I love sheep!!

Lesleyanne said...

A lovely finish and a gorgeous gift from Sally.

Theresa said...

Congratulations on a stunning finish and what a sweet little pillow to have received.

Mouse said...

woo hooo happy dance for you :) it looks lovely and what a cute pillow from Sally too :) love mouse xxxx

DJ said...

What a lovely finish! Your DH is going to love it...how thoughtful that you are going to give it back to him as a gift! Love the little pillow. You are one step closer to finishing your challenges! Way to go! *Hugs*

blueladie said...

Tricia, what a wonderful gift for your DH. It turned out beautifully. Congratulations on this finish! :D

Carol said...

Congratulations, Tricia--it is beautiful!! Your husband is going to be so proud to hang that on the wall :) Darling pillow from Sally, as well...

Bienvenue... said...

Congrats. You have done a great job!
I love the little pillow you received, it's just perfect.
Bisous

Mary Joan said...

WOW! What a lovely finish. Congratulations. Well done. It's all worth it in the end.

Blu said...

Gorgeous finish! Good to see that you managed to work around that earlier bit of confusion.

Veronica said...

Congratulations on finishing Morning Lake. It's stunning!

Milly~ said...

Wooohooo, it turned out awesome!! Congrats on the finish.

Sally said...

What a gorgeous finish Tricia. It is simply beautiful.

I'm so happy that you like the little pillow:)