11.28.2011

Ornaments, my 2012 Challenge, and Updates!

Hello again!  Did you have a nice Thanksgiving?  Or a nice Harrogate show if you're from the UK??  We had a busy weekend with Thanksgiving, then Christmas with part of the family, and then a few days of "clean and repaint the bathroom before company comes".  I can't *wait* to take a shower again! : )

On the stitching front... first some ornaments for our Friendly Stitcher Ornament Exchange...

From Elizabeth to me...  Isn't it beautiful??  It's my first biscornu and the fabric shimmers!

Then from me to Elizabeth - an older L*K pattern...

Here's my finished PS Autumn Leaves Foursome - Jackie, if you read this I need your address to send it back! : )  ...

And finally, my progress on LHN Counting House...

As for my personal 2012 challenge, I worked on it over Thanksgiving and here it is.  I have it under the challenge tab up top, so I can keep track of how I do and remind myself of my "rules". : )

2012 Tricia's Personal Challenge!

Rules...
1. My main goal is to finish Cabin Fever by the beginning of December 2012.  I have about 100 stitches done.  

-Heart and Soul (left)  and Cabin Fever (right)-
2. I need to finish the starred "in progress" designs before starting anything new.
3. I will work on Heart and Soul as my UFO project on Thursdays for Friendly Stitchers.  It is my oldest project except for Cabin Fever and I know I won't finish it if I don't make myself.  When it is finished I will work on Quilted Garden for UFO Thursdays.
4.  When I have three finishes I can kit up the next two that are missing threads and fabric.


IN PROGRESS...

1.  LHN Counting House *
2.  Dimensions Cabin Fever
3.  Dimensions Heart and Soul
4.  Stoney Creek Shepherd Boy
5.  L*K ABC Lessons *
6.  Shepherd's Bush My Mom's Garden 
7.  Blue Ribbon Designs Quilted Garden


SAL w/DD STARTING IN DECEMBER...


8.  Dimensions Twilight Bridge


OTHER WANT TO's...

9.    HAED Tiny Treasure Cow Over the Moon
10.  CCN Bunny Hop
11.  Precious Moments January SnowDrop
12.  Jardin Prive Jouxe de Vivre
13.  SB Ornament
14.  Imaginating Be Joyful
15.  Silver Creek Sampler Do Not Worry
16.  L*K Fat Men
17.  Margaret Sherry Mistletoe
18.  etc, etc, ;)

i don't think I'll get everything done on my list, because I'm sure I'll do some smaller designs here and there for exchanges or blog prizes, but this is a good start for me!! : )  Can't wait to see how I do!!


Thanks so much for stopping by today!!

Blessings!

17 comments:

Shirlee said...

Tricia ... You certainly have your work cut out for you! What a wonderful biscornu you received! I don't have one but bought a couple patterns to try. It will have to be after the holidays though. I love that older L*K chart ... can you tell me the name of it so I can see if I can possibly find one somewhere? Blessings, Shirlee

Vicky L said...

Your exchanges are very lovely.You have quite a bit to do next year. I am hoping to do 6 Fat Men too, if Santa is good to me

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Hi Tricia,

I like your plan. It may just inspire me to sit down and really think about how I spend my time in 2012 too. A little focus is a good thing!

With hugs!

blueladie said...

Tricia, great finishes. Love the ornaments. Your plan for 2012 is wonderful. I see a lot of designs I would love to do, too! Good Luck! :) Cathryn

Teresa S. said...

Your biscornu is just lovely!

And I am admiring your 2012 plan. Not too little, not too much, and incorporating your oldest WIP-great idea!

Gillie said...

Nice exchange pieces and I do like the PS Autumn. Good luck with the stitching!

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely exchange sent and received. I love the L*K one. Great plan for 2012 look forward to seeing your progress.

Mouse said...

oooo lovely exchange pieces from both of you :).. well done on the list ... quite achievable me thinks :) hope you have a good day :) love mouse xxxx

Denise SA said...

What a lovely biscornu you received and your ornament you sent was lovely too.Like your list it might inspire me to get organised too

Joyce Clark Frank said...

Love all the pieces. Great plan for 2012.
I have to make my list for 2012 yet. I have completed 50(mostly small pieces)items in 2011 so far.

Carol said...

What a nice exchange, Tricia--both yours and Elizabeth's finishes are delightful. And, of course, I love your PS piece :)

Good luck with your 2012 challenge--sounds practical and fun :)

DJ said...

You may surprise yourself how much you get done. Somehow lists inspire me! I never thought I would finish 15 this year and looking back it was over 20!! I'm in the challenge too, I'll cheer for you! *Hugs*

Bienvenue... said...

Great exchange! Good luck for your next challenge.
Bisxxx

Jackie said...

Yeah Tricia,
Congratulations on your finishes. Lovely!!!
You will be busy with your list next year and I hope to be here cheering you on.
Will get addy to you soon.
TFS.

mdgtjulie said...

Looks like you're nicely organized, Tricia. Have fun, and I hope you get lots done!!

Farm Girl said...

Your exchange pieces are wonderful Tricia. I love seeing your plan for 2012, wish I could be as disciplined as that. I will look forward to following your progress.
Good luck!

Sally said...

Those exchange pieces are so beautiful Tricia.

Looking forward to seeing your progress on your plans for 2012:)