12.30.2011

A Little Stamping...

Hi all!

I have something fun to share today!  My Favorite Things - one of the companies that I enjoy buying rubber stamps and accessories from - is having a Guest Design Team Challenge this week, and if you are chosen you could win *lots* of fun stamps and accessories to make sample cards with for their next stamp release.  For 2012, I'm going to be consolidating all my stamping and cross-stitching blogging together to save me some time, so here I am - and here's a card to share! : )


The challenge for our card was to paper piece... in other words to "color" the image by cutting the different parts of the image out of different patterns of paper and glue them together.  If you look carefully, I've paper pieced the little lamb, each of the flowers, the jacket, the pants, and even the little "hands" and "feet".  I used copic markers to color in the grass and then add some depth and shading after I finished piecing him back together.  The clouds are sponged in with pink and turquoise ink, and I cut the little border flag, since my First Place Award Ribbon Die-namics die won't get here for a day or two yet. (My DH gave me Christmas money and I have a lovely order coming!!)

If you enjoy making cards, be sure to check out the My Favorite Things shop!  And wish me luck with the contest!!

Blessings!

Tricia aka InkyStitcher : )

6 comments:

Thoeria said...

Very cute card! And good luck with the competition :)

DJ said...

You are so creative, and this card is just too cute! I wish you luck, but some how I don't think you'll need it, your talent will win the day! *hugs* Happy New Year, Inky!

Lisa H. said...

just commented in your scs gallery, but wanted to stop by your blog, too. i really love this, it's pieced up perfectly! and that polka dotted ribbon is a great accent! well done.

Teresa said...

I know first hand how wonderful you cards are. This on is also just beautiful. My niece likes to make cards and I will pass on "My Favorite Things"/
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Ann said...

Tricia, I love the card! You're one talented lady!

Judith said...

beautiful card, best wishes for 2012