12.23.2011

Merry (almost) Christmas!


Hello friends!  Can you believe that it is almost Christmas?  I've been stitching on a SAL with my DD who is home from college for the past few days.  We're not getting exceptionally far, cuz there are too many Christmas movies to watch. : )

I'm thrilled to get to show you the gifts I received from Marjorie during the Stitched with Love exchange.  What a beautiful box of goodies she sent!  Do you see that pincushion?  I'm positive that my great aunt had a quilt in those colors.  I have it next to me when I'm stitching.


Here is the beautiful hanging pillow/ornament that she sent.  And the cutest little pinecone reindeer!  Thank you SO much, Margorie.  I love it ALL!!


For the exchange, I sent a box to Teresa of Heartfelt Stitches.  I changed the colors in an ornament from one of the JCS ornament edition magazines (Sorry!  I don't have it in front of me to tell you which one!), and made it into a flanged pillow.



Here is is up close...


 I'll leave you with the words to one of my favorite Christmas songs...

Do you worship the babe in the manger
But reject the Christ of the cross?
Your redemption comes not by the manger
But the death of Christ on the cross.

The Babe in the manger was God's only Son,
Who left Heaven's Throne to die.
The Babe in the manger could never have done,
The work of God on High.

The Babe left the manger and went to the cross
To pay the wages of sin.
Your way of forgiveness is not by the Babe
But the Christ who died for your sin.

--ooOoo--

Have a Blessed Christmas,

Tricia

6 comments:

Shirlee said...

Tricia ... Beautiful gifts both received & given, & what beautiful words to that song. I hope you & your family have a wonderful Christmas! Blessings, Shirlee

Farm Girl said...

Merry Christmas Tricia, those gifts are beautiful. I adore that sweet snowman/birdie, so cute! I hope you have a lovely Christmas with your family.....

Lesleyanne said...

Your exchanges sent and received are gorgeous. Merry Christmas.

Carol said...

How lucky to have your daughter home with you to stitch with, Tricia! I love both your gift received and given--beautiful!!

Wishing you a blessed Christmas!

Andrea said...

Beautiful exchanges.

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Mouse said...

oooo lovely gifts both given and received .. love the little pillow :) hope you have a lovely christmas and a very merry stitchy new year :) love mouse xxxx