1.05.2012

Stitching update!!

Greetings!

I figured it was about time for an update on my BHP (Big Huge Project... rather than the other more "slangy" version that I would rather not say...) : ) - Cabin Fever.

In case you've forgotten, I'm working on a Dimensions kit for my husband, and it could very well be the end of me.  My goal is to finish it by the end of the year.  It could happen!  Maybe.... if I buy stock in needles...  and patience.

Here's my progress as of yesterday.  Don't even ASK how many hours work that was!


Figuring I was going to need sanity breaks, I joined Lainey's monthly Christmas ornament SAL, too.  This month the theme was Santa, so I looked through my Ornament magazine and found this cute design by Sue Hillis.  I get to start this on Sunday, after I've stitched 15 minutes or so on the Cabin.


Since I've already put half an hour in on the Cabin, I can work on my UFO tonight, so next time I'll have pictures of that, too.

Have a wonderful day and happy stitching!!

13 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Great new start. Dimensions ugh all that outlining. Great santa chart - look forward to seeing your progress.

CalamityJr said...

Wow, that's a lot of shades of floss for one ornament - and that's a break from Cabin Fever? I'm quite impressed! Keep up the great work, Tricia!

SoCal Debbie said...

How many hours work WAS that? LOL... just kidding! Did you enter the "BHP" challenge on Becky's blog? http://beckysc.blogspot.com/2011/12/2012-bap-challengewill-you-join-fun.html

Carol said...

Non-stitchers have no idea just how many hours go into a piece, do they? Nice start--hang in there; I know your husband will appreciate it!

I just spotted that cute little Sue Hillis Santa the other day, myself. Think that may make it on to my "to-do" list this year also...

Shirlee said...

I avoid Dimensions designs but some of them are gorgeous! Love the Santa : ) Blessings, Shirlee

DJ said...

Looking good there! And it does look like you spent hours on that first one, We stitchers know how much time is spent on things to make them look good!! Cute little Santa...and can't wait to see your UFO. You GO Girl!! *Hugs*

Judith said...

beautiful colors and design

Lisa said...

Love your new huge start, the things we do for love eh! I've had a new start which is to be a gift for my hubby and it's not something I would usually stitch at all, but needs must sometimes.

Teresa said...

oooh, I like BHP so much better. Thanks for the term invention....think I will use it in the future and give you credit the first time I post it. Congrats on your progress

Sally said...

Nice start on your BHP Tricia. You can do it girl! We'll all be cheering you on.

Nice choice for this month's ornament.

Dani - tkdchick said...

That cabin is going to be quite a bit of work.

You've picked out a great little ornament there!

Kathy Ellen said...

Perseverence is the measure of of the fruits of your labors. Your husband is sure to appreciate all of your beautiful handwork for him.

Love the soft blue linen and those beautiful threads for the SH Santa...looking forward to seeing your progress.

Jackie said...

Hi Tricia,
You certainly have your work cut out on the project for your DH. It will be a masterpiece when done and I know he will appreciate it very much.
The little santa ornie will be nice break for you too to get something done in between.
I look forward to seeing your progress.
Thxs for stopping in.

Many stitches.