1.10.2012

Stitching Updates and Spotted Scissors

Hello again!  It's update time!! : )

Let's start with the SAL with DD...

Before...

After...


Then my BHP... Dimensions Gold Cottage Fever.   Last week...


and up to last night...  

I started to use a size 24 needle this week - even though it's 18 count fabric.  With all the sections of 4-5 strand stitching, my smaller needles were bending, breaking and just being frustrating.  I'm going TONS faster now.  YAY!!!

Then my Thursday progress on my UFO...

And my progress on my SAL ornament...


Yesterday, dd and I went shopping to help her spend some of her Christmas money and ended up at our not so local Needlework Store.  The 50% off bin was full and I found the adorable Bent Creek chart there.  The little pieces of fabric are all evenweave from the remnant bin - perfect for the ornament SAL I'm doing.  Then my Homespun Elegance chart for later in the ornament SAL (I know, Shirlee, I said I'd only buy one chart... But one full price one counts, right??? LOL!), a few needles, some thread for an exchange project and a $4 pair of spotted green scissors.  I think the scissors are adorable!  Now I need to get my hands on the cute little SB scissors fob kit that matches.  Well... maybe next time I have a little $$ to spend.  When is Mother's Day???  LOL!

My sewing room is a happy place for me right now.  I'm so thankful that Cabin Fever is coming along easier.  I'm at the bottom of the first column, which makes me feel like I'm really accomplishing something, and I made really good progress on the ornament, so I'll be able to get that done this month, and that will satisfy my "quick stitch" urge.   I spent last night looking through all the JCS ornament editions that I've collected to make a list of ornaments to do for the challenge.  I'm looking forward to having a little pile for gifts.  

Thanks so much for stopping by.  If you read this far you deserve a medal!!

Blessings!

Tricia
aka Inkystitcher



16 comments:

Jackie said...

Yeah Tricia. Your progress is moving along. Love the green scissor and all the remnant stash. I miss those bins at the LNS when we had one.
Good to see your progress.

Mouse said...

oooo I can see lots of progress there girl :) and oooooo nice stash ... glad you sorted out the needle problem too :) love mouse xxxx

Carol said...

You're making great strides with all your pieces, Tricia--I just love that little Santa. Will put him on my list for later in the year. Nice to find all those bargains at your not-so-local Needlework Store :)

Lesleyanne said...

Great progress on your stitching. Lovely bargains.

Shirlee said...

Uh-oh! I don't have that Reindeer A Waiting chart! Gotta get one : ) What is that Santa you are doing? I haven't picked out mine yet for the SAL. Good idea about going back in the JCS ornament issues to pick which ornaments you'll be doing for the SAL! You got a good haul in Green Bay! I remember they used to have that 50% off bin when I would go there : ) You are really getting a lot of stitching accomplished! Hooray for you! Blessings, Shirlee

~*Shar*~ said...

I love these poka dot scissors, I have the mint green ones and the green ones you just bought; I would love to find the pink ones.. Great stash haul...I'm going to my not so local LNS on the 21st of Jan..I can't wait..

Hugs, Shar

Needlework said...

beautiful stitches

Sally said...

You're making lovely progress Tricia. Fantastic bargains too! Those fabric cuts are just brilliant!

ChrisG said...

Stash enhancements at bargain prices are the best! Good for you!

ChrisG said...

I use 24 needles on 18 count as I find that it pushes the holes open and the floss gets less frayed that way.

stitchesnscraps said...

Lovely progress! Everything looks wonderful! Can't wait to see you next progress report! And nice stashing! You lucky thing, you!

Melissa J.

Farm Girl said...

Terrific progress on all your projects Tricia, how nice to spend some stitchy shopping time with your daughter too. I love the green scissors too, anything with spots is a hit with me!

DJ said...

Oh you are really making those needles fly!! What progress!! Love your new acquisitions! You are so disciplined with money, do you give classes? I love visiting your blog!! *Hugs*

Thoeria said...

Great stitching all round - but I must say I love your Thursday UFO! And what yummy stash...makes me wish I had a proper LNS to pop into and get lovely bargains from!

Mary Ann said...

I was spending a little time blog reading tonight, and found your blog. Your stitching is lovely!

Heather said...

Tricia,
It looks like you are making great progress! I love your new stash! ;o)