1.16.2012

Time for an Update!

Hello again!

I definitely didn't have as much progress this week as I might have liked, but I can't blame that on anyone but myself.  I spent time relaxing instead of stitching a few times this week.  Well, either relaxing or doing bookwork, which isn't quite the same thing!  But I do have a little progress to show you, and I also worked on an exchange piece that must remain invisible for a time. :)

First, my UFO.  Not too much progress, but any is better than none! :)

Then my SAL ornament.  I tried to do this while I watched the Packer game yesterday.  Sigh.  I was too distracted to get anymore stitched, so I finally just gave up!!


And my BHP for Becky's Challenge...  I really did get a lot done on this, and, of course, made a few mistakes along the way.  Nothing I'm going to fix, though.  With all the confetti stitching, I can't imagine that a stitch or two out of place would even be noticed!!  I have lofty goals for this one, this week.  We'll see how much time and energy I have to accomplish them. : )


Here's a question for you all.  I am looking for a nice quiet, relaxing, not super expensive vacation spot for my husband and I to celebrate our 25th anniversary this year.  We have gone nowhere and done nothing, so we are really clueless.  I mentioned going overseas, but since I've only flown once, I don't think I'm ready for that yet.  And since we've seen next to nothing in the US, it would be nice to do something here.  We'd like somewhere quiet, relaxing, with things to do if you wanted, but not in a crazy busy city.  If we could have the best of both worlds, I would like a cross stitch shop and he would like a trapshooting range. : )  Let me know if you have any ideas!!


12 comments:

Melissa said...

How about somewhere in Utah? It's fairly quiet, lots of nature, but there's also the Shepherd's Bush store to visit. i'm sure you could find a trapshooting range too.

Great progress on your pieces.

Lesleyanne said...

Great progress on your stitching.

Shirlee said...

Utah sounds good : ) I don't know anything about trapshooting but you could probably look online for trapshooting ranges in the US & then see if any cross stitch shops are nearby & then narrow it down from that. Blessings, Shirlee

Thoeria said...

Lovely stitching! All that confetti ...yikes! It's going to look gorgeous when it's done though. Good luck finding the perfect getaway spot to celebrate such a wonderful occassion.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

You can't beat Pennsylvania in my honest opinion, especially Gettysburg and Intercourse...great country!
I love your WIPS too :)

DJ said...

Love your projects! They are really coming along!! As for a nice quiet place, hm...it kind of depends on what you like to do for touristy stuff. There are so many lovely places to go! Congratulations on reaching the 25 year mark! Not too many of us make it that far these days! *Hugs*

Needlework said...

beautiful stitches,
sorry I can not help you with your vacation, I have never been in the USA. But the Netherlands is very beautiful :-))))

Mary Ann said...

Lovely stitching on everything! I really like your UFO piece!!

Carol said...

Love your projects, Tricia :) Your huge WIP for Becky's big project challenge is coming along great!!

Favorite quiet vacation spots--the coast of Maine, Cape Cod in the fall (not summer--too crazy busy), Amish country (as Vonna mentioned--Lancaster County, PA)... Have fun planning and congratulations on 25 years together :)

Sally said...

Lovely progress Tricia. I really like the ornament you chose. It's really sweet.

Good luck in finding a nice spot to go for your anniversary.

Jackie said...

You say you did not get much done, but from here it looks plenty and you are progressing well.

Joy said...

Trista...your progress is great!! I am also in Becky's BAP SAL...glad to see you are also. Keep that needle flying!!