3.09.2012

The Great Scissors Scamper!!


Greetings friends!!

One of the things that I've found over the past couple years of cross-stitch blogging is that we stitchers *love* our scissors.  We have pretty scissors and plain scissors.  Short scissors and long scissors.  Stork scissors and Santa scissors.  Scissors fobs and scissors cases.  Scissors frogs and scissors magnets.  SO.... let's have a Scissors Scamper and show off our scissors stash!! : )  Which scissors have stories?  Which are your favorites?  Which ones do you take when you are traveling?  Do you pack a different pair with each project, or do most of them just sit in storage and you use a favorite pair?  Just link up your Scissors Scamper post below before April 30th, and I'll draw a name from all the entries to receive something fun.  I haven't picked it out yet, but it will have something to do with scissors, you can be sure! : )  Be sure to link your post back to this one, so others can join in the fun, too!!

I'll start...

First, on a solemn note...

The Scissors Scamper is in memory of the cute green polka dot scissors that is pictured in the logo above.  I used it twice and promptly lost it.  I am so sad.  I love polka dots!  sigh.  

Now on to happier thoughts!! : )

 Here is my scissors stash! It's not huge, so I can show you the whole thing... : )  Each one has its own story, and I love them for different reasons.  The first scissor I got was the little Ginghers on top attached to the scissors tag.  I won it in a quilting shop hop... when I was still quilting a lot.  I fell IN LOVE with Ginghers from that time on, so I bought the lovely green floral ones with my Christmas money later that year.  These are usually my "go to" scissors, so I try to pack a scissors in each of my kitted projects so I'll actually use them all and they won't get lonely.

The cute scissors with red hearts are Dinky Dyes and one of my dd's favorites.  I received them in an exchange package and she swipes them if I'm not looking.  It's ok.  I share well. (Most of the time...) : )
I also received the sweet pink breast cancer remembrance scissors in an exchange.  I'd like to make a "pink" basket sometime and put them in it.  They almost seem too solemn for me to use.

Another exchange gift brought me the plastic blue pair of scissors in the little sheath.  You can see I already had a pair of pink ones like that.  They are the SHARPEST little pair of scissors, and I love the little sheath.  I actually had a blue pair, too.  But my husband used it to cut open one of those hard plastic indestructible things - like electronics are packaged in, and it dulled it so it wouldn't cut thread anymore.  I was thrilled to get these!  I keep these attached to my Vera Bradley lanyard and use them when I'm stitching in the car or on vacation, or somewhere that I don't want to lose them.  They are relatively inexpensive (maybe $5-$7??) so if I did lose them I wouldn't feel nearly as heartbroken as if I lost my Ginghers!


Here's all my Ginghers in a row.  The ones on the left my husband got me for Christmas last year and they sport the only scissors fob I've made.   I love scissors fobs.  I need to make more of them.  (The scissors tag doesn't count really.  It's just a piece of aida and a piece of felt stitched together with the edges cut with pinking shears.  It's fun, though, cuz it has my name on it.)

The blue Ginghers are my newest pair.  I think they are so pretty... almost too pretty to use.  I usually just look at them and say "Awwwww....".  Then my workhorse pair, and my first pair.  

I really hope lots of you will join me on the Scissors Scamper!  I can't wait to see your favorites - your not so favorites and your accessories!!  Here's a little logo if you'd like to use it on your post.  Rather than just copying it, just right click on it (control-click on a Mac) and save it to your computer.  Then you can insert it in your blog post like any other picture.  Be sure to come back here and link up your post so we can all come drool over admire your scissors stash!  (And so you can be in the drawing for the prize, of course!!)


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Scamper off now to do your post!! : )

Tricia


12 comments:

Denise SA said...

I love all your scissors they are so sweet.

Heather said...

I love all of your scissors Tricia!! I can't wait to participate! ;o)

Catherine said...

Great scissors!! Too funny that your daughter likes the pair with the hearts! ;)

Teresa said...

I absolutely share your love of scissors. I bet I have over 40 pairs. I have the plastic one and just love them, can't believe how sharp they are.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Carol said...

I'm not a scissors collector, Tricia, but you sure have some pretty ones there!

Julie said...

Lovely scissor collection

Kathy Ellen said...

I love all of your pretty scissors, made all the more special because of the stories you have shared about each one. I will post on my blog about the "scissor stamper" soon with an added link to your post too.

Blessings!

Sally said...

Your scissor collection is beautiful! I have the breast cancer ones too:)

Mouse said...

photo on my blog off all of mine together :) hopefully linked it correctly too .. >> love mouse xxxxx

Thoeria said...

Love your scissors! Especially the ginghers!

sandy98221 said...

Hi everyone! I've been looking around at blogs today and I followed a link of Mouse's! This gal has the scissor collection to have and the perfect display that she can even get into to use them. I think the display case can be purchased at Michael's here in the states. I'm gonna check it out the next time I have a 40% off coupon! Oh wait i have on right now! Anyway here's her blog address http://betweencrosses.multiply.com/photos/album/28# I hope it is okay to do this. Scroll down and you'll see a frame with scissors in it. Sandy

lynda said...

I added a link...hope it works...the photo is on my blog...