3.14.2012

A Little March Madness

  

Hello Friends!  Have you joined the Great Scissors Scamper yet?  I am having so much fun seeing everyone's scissors collection.  I've already added a few pair to my wish list and a fob or two as well!!

I pulled out my little March pillow that I made last year in an effort to do a little St. Patrick's Day decorating.  It is ds' birthday, so that makes it a special holiday! : )


My mom just gave my son the little leprochaun, but he was my favorite decoration growing up, so I asked him if I could display it forever for awhile.  He said "yes".   : )

Are you prepared to drool now???  Look, look, look what came in the mail last week!  My very own personal ornament from Mouse.  With a sheep on it!!!  His name is Inky.  Do you see the little jingle bells on the bottom?  My dd loves them.  It has a special place of honor in a basket in my living room, with another winter pillow that I can't bear to put away during the year.   Sigh!  Stitching friends are the best!


Nope, I take that back.  Husband's are the best.  Specially when they buy you a new charm for your bracelet. : )  

Since Spring has sprung outside - or maybe it's summer?  I think it was close to 80 today and our normal seasonal temp is about 45 - Anyway, I saw these pretty flowers at the grocery store for $1 each and picked them up for my table.  The beautiful rose smells as pretty as it looks!! {happy sigh!}


Here's my stitching update for the week.  Lots and lots of stitching on the Cabin, because I really want to have this page done by the end of March...


And last but not least, a St Patricks Day birthday card for you all.  I don't think ds looks at my blog, so it should be safe to show it here. : )


Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to join the Scissors Scamper!! : )

16 comments:

Di said...

LOVE the ornament, I'd keep it out for sure too! And congrats on the progress on Cabin and on your St. Pat's decorating :)

ChrisG said...

Great update. I love St.Patty's day too but just because! The cabin is a true work of art...keep at it and before to long it shall be finished! Hugs, chris

Thoeria said...

What a lovely hubby - I agree they're the bestest.... most time :-D LCute ornie and card. Your cabin looks amazing too!

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely gift from Mouse. Love your ornament and birthday card. Great progress on the Cabin.

Holly said...

Beautiful stitching and card, too!

Shirlee said...

Very lovely gifts & stitchings!

Sally said...

Love your March pillow and you're making great progress on your WIP.

Love your ornament from Mouse! It is so cute.

Love your new charm for your bracelet.

Anne said...

I love that St. Patrick's pillow you made! It's darling!! Happy birthday to your DS!! Awww, such a sweet sheep ornie Mouse made for you!! Lovely charm from your husband!!

Hugs

Anne

Julie said...

Super ornament from Mouse. Gorgeous card for your son, love he little leprechaun ornament .
Your bracelet is looking lovely.
Beautiful stitching.

Catherine said...

Great goodies all around!

Carol said...

Hoping your son has a wonderful birthday, Tricia :) I think St. Patrick's Day would be a great day for a birthday!

Love your sheep ornament from Mouse and you're really moving along with your cabin stitching--well done!

This is the first year EVER that I've stitched anything for St. Patrick's Day so it's never too late :)

DJ said...

Lovely stitching!! Enjoyed seeing your scissors too! I didn't know that was going on, I must have my head in the sand. Love the ornament Mouse sent you, lucky you, to have a Mouse original!! I cherish mine!! Happy Birthday to your DH...the card is precious! *Hugs*

Carol L said...

Everything I've seen in this post is amazing! I love the pillow, what beautiful work!! The card has really captured my fancy too - what a CUTE image and amazing coloring!! TFS!

Shaunterria Owens said...

Your projects look beautiful...congratulations on your wonderful finishes :)

mdgtjulie said...

I love your St. Patty's Day decorations, Tricia. They're lovely. And the card is great too. Love the ornie from Mouse. She's awesome!!!

Veronica said...

Very cute March pillow. Love the fabric you used to finish it. Oh, I saw Inky on Mouse's blog. He's cute alright :)

Beautiful bracelet and flowers. Wonderful progress on your cabin.

Hugs,
Veronica.