3.24.2012

My Busy Needle

Sweet Lynda sent me the traveling "Busy Needle" pattern by LHN the other day.  I had so wanted to stitch it since I saw it on BeckySC's blog, but it was exclusive to "The Busy Needle" cross stitch shop which seems to have since closed its doors, so I was thrilled when she mentioned that she would start it as a traveling pattern!!

Well, it came in the mail on Friday and I was so impatient excited to start that I couldn't stand the thought of waiting until Monday to pick up my floss, when I'll be at the cross stitch store.  Instead, I chose my own colors from those I had on hand and decided to stitch it on 28 ct Tea Monaco over one.  What fun!!  I stitched and stitched all day yesterday, and then, late last night, I realized that I had moved the entire top line over 3 threads.  Oh.My.  There was no way that I was going to frog that black box, so I decided to wing it.  And wing it I did.  I added leaves.  I added flowers.  I shortened vines and lengthened vines.  I omitted the outer border.  And then, just to be ornery different, I made the bees wings swirly on the bottom.  I think they are cute.  But if you are stitching this and think yours will look like mine when you're done... well, good luck with that! ; )



I can't decide how I'll finish it.  It's about 2" square so it would be a cute fob or needlebook... or even just framed...  We'll see!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Tricia



31 comments:

Rita said...

Very cute! I can't wait to see how you "finish" it.

I'm on her list and can you do me a favor and tell me what threads it calls for? She told me already but I can't find what I did with the list. (I'll preorder the floss so I'll be ready.)

Thanks!

Shirlee said...

It's lovely! Great job!

Sheila said...

Love it! i think it looks great!

CalamityJr said...

Your changes just make it more yours, and the swirly bee's wings are extra fun! Great changes.

Stitchesbyme said...

cute designs

Mouse said...

ohhhh that is soooo cute ... well done on the adapting the pattern to suit your needs ;0
looking forward to getting this one :)
will try not to pinch(borrow) your wing idea :) love mouse xxxxx

Lesleyanne said...

A gorgeous finish.

Daffycat said...

Bee-utiful finish, Tricia!

blueladie said...

Looks great Tricia! Love the swirly bee's wings! Can you tell me how I can get on the travelling pattern list? Thanks. Cathryn (blueladie at hotmail dot com)

DJ said...

I absolutely love the changes you've made!! I would love to stitch this too, if only I could add more hours to my day to get more stitching done!! I just read about your scissors scamper, I'll have to dig out my scissors!! *Hugs*

Julie said...

Such an adorable design, well done on being able to make it look so beautiful after your little problem.
It will make a superb travelling design and I'm sure lots of ladies will enjoy stitching it.

Minnie said...

We all put a little of ourselves in our projects. It's beautiful.

Debbie said...

i love your sense of humour! your ornament is beautiful, can`t wait to see how you are going to finish it!

stitchesnscraps said...

That is so sweet! Well done on the personalization! (wink). Clever girl! It's lovely! Thanks for sharing! I always enjoy your journey so much!

Melissa J.

Cindy said...

I love it. You just made it your own. Great creativity on your part. I wish I was that creative.

Cindy in MA
http://homeofaflossjunkie.blogspot.com

Vicky L said...

Beautiful finish! Congratulations!

DJ said...

Hi Tricia...just wanted to let you know I'm giving you the Liebster Blog award and you can find out what that's all about on my blog! *Hugs*

Denise SA said...

I think your creativity just came out it looks beautiful

Thoeria said...

That is such a cute lovely pattern - can see why you were excited to get it started :)

Teresa said...

cute, cute, cute.....if I may, I'd love to be added to this traveling pattern line-up.

Veronica said...

Well, I think yours look pretty darn cute too :) Congrats on the finish.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Carol said...

You did an amazing job with this, Tricia--love your changes :)

Sally said...

What a sweet finish Tricia. So pretty.

Kathy Ellen said...

What a sweet little design! Your stitching is beautiful and I look forward to seeing how you decide to finish it:)

Andrea said...

Such a sweet finish.

Milly~ said...

VERY cute!

Jackie said...

I love the winging approach. It is gorgeous Tricia.

Jackie said...

Hey Tricia. I've returned for you to come on over to my blog and grab the Liebster Award.

Catherine said...

Looks great!

Anne said...

Oooh! I love your finish! I adore the swirly wings you added to the bee! Such a pretty design!!!

Kaisievic said...

Lovely finish - I have just scrolled back to find this post as I have just finished my version of the TP - I am going to post a pic tomorrow on my blog - http://kittenstiching.blogpsot.com - check it out tomorrow if you like.