3.06.2012

What a Week!!

Hello friends!

It's been a busy, busy week here!  Where shall I start???  Hmmm....

Well, I finished the February ornament on time, but I haven't "ornamentified" it yet.  (Don't you love that word?  I saw it on Shirlee's blog, I think, but I'm not sure... )


And then I spent hours and hours and HOURS working on these new pages for GraceWorks...


I bought the basics for my Happy Monday Journal...


And drove through THIS...


To go away with my husband for the weekend.

Of course I had to bring some stitching along, and the WIP that called to me was Lizzie Kate's ABC's.  Want to see what I got done??


See the tulip and the half an "i", v, e?   That's it.  I started the letters at the beginning of the word 3 times and frogged them, before I figured out that I had moved the "B" in Be Kind down one row and had gauged everything from that.  So.... being the non-perfectionist that I am, I am just starting the word on the other end and making it work.  I really don't think anyone will notice in years to come! : )

We had a wonderful weekend away and my fabulous DH bought me a pre-anniversary gift of a Pandora starter bracelet.  I.am.in.love.  with him *and* with the bracelet! : )


I didn't have a ton of time to work on my Cabin this week, but there is still some progress.  I really need to concentrate on it, though.  I'm getting behind in my goals, and now I'm swamped getting orders out, so I'm going to set aside all my other stitching for a few days - even my SAL's and UFO Thursday piece - and just spend some quality time with this one.  "Quality time" it will have to be, though, cuz I'm afraid that I won't have a lot of "quanitity time"!


Yesterday, I got a package from 1-2-3 Stitch in the mail.  How incredibly fun!!!  Especially cuz I hadn't ordered anything from 1-2-3 Stitch, even though I have a huge wish list there.  Well, lo and behold, sweet Niina had chosen a chart from my wish list and sent it to me!!!  What she didn't know was how much I *really, really* wanted that particular chart.  She also sent me some Bohin needles, which I haven't used before and really wanted to try.  I was SO overwhelmed with her thoughtfulness that I cried!! What a sweet, thoughtful, RAK!!  It absolutely made my day, week, month!!  I think I'll stitch it while we drive to Branson later this spring.  (Which, seeing they just had a huge tornado, really makes me a little nervous.  I.do.not.like.tornados.)   Here's the chart... {Happy Sigh!}



Card making has been relatively non-existant this week, too.  I think this is the only one I've managed to make.  It's another Pure Innocence image from My Favorite Things...



Well, bless your heart for sticking with me through this marathon post.  If you don't see me commenting this week it isn't that I don't love you all, I'm just running crazy!  I hope you are having a wonderful week!

Tricia

15 comments:

stitchesnscraps said...

What a wonderful update! And you got spoiled rotten, you lucky girl!! By Hubby and Nina! That bracelet is lovely! And well done with your stitching! It all counts! And your card is so sweet! Thanks for sharing all your adventures!

Melissa J.

Denise SA said...

Love your ornament finish. Lucky you being RAK ed. Hope you manage to get more stitching time soon

ChrisG said...

You've a wonderful husband! The card is just lovely. Hope you have a wonderful anniversary. Chris G

Carol said...

How cute is that little ornament, Trcia! And your card is adorable--love the little bead bubbles :)

Glad you could get away for a weekend with your husband--your bracelet is so pretty and it will be fun to fill it up through the years! Happy anniversary

Mouse said...

awwww that was lovely of Niina :) well glad you figured out what you had done and sheesh you drove in that !!!
lovely cards too :)
take care and happy stitching :) love mouse xxxx

Shari said...

wonderful blog post Tricia! The ornament is so cute....love it...
I will have to take a look at those journals...they look very tempting..
yuck, the snowy weather you drove in doesn't look real fun, but to get away with your husband...so worth it..
and the bracelet he got you...cute..
congrats on the gift from Niina! Fun!!

Catherine said...

Great goodies all the way around!

Sally said...

oh I love your Pandora bracelet! What a beautiful anniversary gift.

Love your ornament finish. I'm hoping to "ornamentify" my Feb one this afternoon!

You're making nice progress on your WIPs.

Lovely RAK from Niina. That was so sweet of her.

Jackie said...

Good day Tricia. What a busy lady you are. I adore the card. It's gorgeous. I equally like your bracelet gift.
RAKs are so very thoughtful, they make a little difference in our world don't they?
Your progress on your larger piece is coming along nicely and love the little ornie too.
Slow down darling and get your affairs in order:o)
Hugs.

Shirlee said...

What a wonderful getaway with your husband & how nice of him to buy you the starter bracelet! I haven't succumbed to Pandora yet & probably won't since I have 3 of the old-fashioned kind of charm bracelets that I never wear. One still needs the charms attached! I just can't find anyone to laser them on around here & from horrific past experiences I will only wear them if the charms are attached with a laser. Your stitchings are looking good! I am always making up words so it's possible that "ornamentified" was mine : )

Cathy Pavlovich said...

Nice stitching and crafting! And isn't it wonderful to be the recipient of an unexpected gift! Love the bracelet.
Cathy

Julie said...

Anniversary wishes, pandora brackets are lovely,I have one, such fun choosing with charms to put onto it. Lovely chart gift from Nina.
Nice ornament stitching.

mdgtjulie said...

Wow, lots going on today, Tricia. Love the card, and grats on the RAK. They're lovely, aren't they? As for the progress you're making, it doesn't matter how much as long as you're making some!! I usually make a goal for my rotation pieces, but I often don't make it. Ugh, lol. But I stitch as much as I can, and that's all I can do. Cabin Fever looks great so far. Keep up the good work! And good luck fudging the LK ABC's. I love the bracelet too. My friend Julie, who lives in Columbus, has a friend who runs a bead shop. She carries the beads that go on those bracelets for a great price. Maybe you and your hubby can find a place in your area that does the same. Grats on the ornie finish. My mom would love that. She has a thing for snowmen, lol.

Barb said...

Belated anniversary wishes , love the bracelet . Lovely chart there from Nina ,Thanks for your comment on myblog. Great progress on Lizzie Kate.
Oh snow , we have not had one flake this winter, nice to look at but not good to travel . In the UK all comes to a standstill with a few inches of snow.

Shannon White said...

Goodness what a busy week! Belated Anniversary wishes to you! 8-) And I Love your Darling Card! Such a Sweet image and Love the fun MFT elements and Cheery dp's too! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon