4.16.2012

Amazing!!!

Hi everyone!  Long time no see!  I've been on vacation this past week and I had so much fun!

Here's what I stitched in the car...


And here was one of my favorite stops on the trip!!


Honestly I almost started hyperventilating when I walked in the shop.  It was jam-packed with goodies... patterns, accessories, threads, fabric....  I didn't know where to look first!  I had decided before we left that anything I got there would either be an accessory or a pattern that was completely kitted up... or possibly some fabric for one of the patterns I had here, so I started out at the scissors, and picked up this pretty pair by Bohin.  It is lovely!  Then I noticed a table of fobs and patterns that turned out to be a trunk show by My Big Toe.  The little pins and the fob and a few frog needle threaders joined my pile.  The pretty red fabric is a project case by Impie, Hattie and Bea for the Traveling Stitcher.  I have the cross stitch all done for it, but I had never bought the case.  So it came home, too...
  

While I was shopping, it seems my DH was, too.  He found these two patterns that he really liked...


And next thing I know he was asking where the threads were and how to pick them out.  You could have knocked me over with a feather when he announced that he was going to pick up two of the beginner patterns and learn to cross stitch over vacation, so he could make the lighthouse himself.  NO WAY!!!  (My dd's were speechless when I told them over the phone!).  Well, we spent a lovely afternoon stitching at the little cottage we had rented and he made great progress on his cow...


And he actually finished it when we got home last night.  And he liked it!  WooHoo!!  He's already asking for his own scissors and needle minder. : )

Speaking of scissors, look what I found in the mail when I returned??  Sandy sent me a pair of scissors almost exactly like the ones I had lost, and added the sweetest frog fob.  I *love* it!!!!!!!!  Thank you, Sandy!!



So... to continue my shopping saga... I ended up finding this chart that has been on my wish list for a year or so.  I would have kitted it up, too, but they didn't have the right fabric, so I just brought home the book.  I don't know when I can start it, although if I had it kitted up it just might jump into the front of my rotation.  SO pretty!!!!  Have any of you stitched this one??



We had a ton of fun away together... We shopped a lot (smiles!),  took lots of pictures, cross-stitched!!, played mini golf, ate (and ate and ate), went to a wax museum and the Titanic memorial museum, saw a gospel show, and relaxed in our little cabin.  Today I ordered the supplies to make a scrapbook of our trip, so I need to get all caught up by Friday when the order will probably arrive.  I want to work on it while the trip is still fresh in my mind!!

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to link to the Scissors Scamper if you haven't already!

Blessings!

Tricia




20 comments:

Cath said...

Yay for your hubby. Looking forward to seeing how he gets on with the lighthouse , it looks like a lovely chart.
Love your stash . Glad you had a good time .X

Mouse said...

ohhhh well done on such a fab trip including DH learning to stitch way to go :)
he can join our group if he wants ;)
can't wait to see your scrap book of your trip either ... might get me in the mood to do something this end ...lol :)
love mouse xxxxx

Vickie said...

Wow Tricia. That is just awesome! Your husband is a cross stitcher now too. Wow! That is neat. :)

Thoeria said...

Sounds like the absolute best vacation :) Love your stash additions, especially your scissor and fob! Congrats to DH for finishing his first piece!

CalamityJr said...

I have that Nativity pattern stashed away - so to speak, haha - for retirement, but whenever I see it I get anxious to be starting! I'll enjoy seeing your progress instead. I'm looking forward to seeing your DH's stitching, too. Thank for sharing your vacation finds!

Shirlee said...

A stitching husband! How wonderful! John is going to hear about this ... lol!

Lesleyanne said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic time. Congrats to hubby for trying cross stitch.

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finish. Great new stash. And yeah to DH for learning to stitch. My DH stitches when the mood strikes. lol

Linda

Maggee said...

How exciting that your husband started stitching! And while on vacation, where you are supposed to relax... so that means he thinks it is a relaxing hobby?! Hope he learns to really like it! I have been meaning to get to the scissor scamper... soon... Hugs!

Lynn said...

I think it's wonderful that your hubby will be sharing your hobby with you! Way to go!
I'm glad you enjoyed you vacation. It sounds like that was a fabulous stitching store. I'm off to check out your scissor scamper now.

SoCal Debbie said...

Oh how wonderful your trip sounded! You sound like such a happy couple!

Gillie said...

Oh my, you will have to extend the house to hold all the supplies!

Carol said...

How nice that you and your husband have another hobby to share, Tricia--tell him his cow looks great!! He'll have to start a blog, too :)

Glad you had such a nice time away and found a real-live cross stitch shop to shop for more stash!

Denise SA said...

Seems like you had a good trip and well done on getting DH to stitch

Sally said...

Your trips sounds fantastic Tricia. Way to go to your DH starting to stitch. Love the look of what he stitched. Can we see it finished please?

Love your L*K finish.

Your new chart is beautiful. Can't wait to see you start it.

DJ said...

WOW!! Kuddos to DH and learning to stitch...he sounds a bit like my husband, who tried to stitch when we were first married, because he wanted to go to stitch night at the local needlework store and I told him he had to bring stitching. LOL You aren't going to believe this, but I have almost all the same patterns you bought! Two of them I have already stitched, Oh Holy Night and the cabin with the deer. The third is in my to do pile (the lighthouse). Great minds!! How lovely that you and DH have the same hobby now, just make sure he has his own accessories! *wink* *Hugs*

stitchesnscraps said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip! Well done on the stashing! lol. Kudos to your hubby! Can't wait to se his and your progress, of course! Thanks for sharing your adventures!

Melissa J.

Julie said...

WTG hubby, your cow looks super.

Teresa said...

Don't you just love Branson and Cecelia's? I'm so glad we live close enough to visit often....oh and a new stitching companion...waHOO!

Catherine said...

Sounds like a very fun trip! My husband has stitched too, but not in a very long time.