4.05.2012

March Ornament and New Friends

Hi everyone!  

I wasn't sure I was going to get an ornament done for the month of March, but on Saturday, DH asked me to take a 10 hour round-trip ride with him, so I kitted up this little L*K Tiny Tidings ornament to work on while we drove.  It was a hoot!  We were in a flatbed tow truck kind of thing and it was SO bumpy!!  It took me forever just to stab the needle through the right hole or count to three! However I was more than the bumps and finished all but one word or so by the time we got home.  :)



A little more progress on my L*K ABC Lessons.  I'll get back to the Cabin Fever piece in a few weeks, but I'd love to have this finished before I switch over!!


I know this is a crummy picture, but look at the adorable new friends that have shown up at my house in the last week or so.  My dd has started to crochet these precious bears.  Oh my!  They are adorable!!  Soft and fluffy and cuddly and they have such sweet expressions.  I told her she should start to sell them!!


Here's my card for the week...  Another MFT Pure Innocence gal spreading some love.  Perfect to send to my DD at college. : )


Thanks for stopping by!  I pray you'll have a wonderful Easter celebrating our risen Saviour and Lord!!

Blessings!

Tricia

20 comments:

Mouse said...

ohhh well done on your bumpy ride stitching ... I tried that the other day and gave up ... couldn't do it ..lol
and awwwwwwww they are soooo cute :) and love the card too :) love mouse xxxxx

EvalinaMaria said...

All looks so lovely!

Melisa Waldorf said...

CUTE card! love the pink and green together! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Have a blessed day!

Shirlee said...

Lovely stitching Tricia! And I agree ... your DD needs to start selling those bears. They are adorable!

Veronica said...

Beautiful stitching, Tricia. I, for one, can't stitch when a car is moving as I'd get car sick :(

I saw those bears on Kay's blog and I must say they're adorable!

Hugs,
Veronica.

Jo said...

Your ABC is looking wonderful. Love the bears, your DD is so talented.

Lesleyanne said...

A gorgeous ornament finish and great progress on your L*K.

Cath said...

Fab stitching . I have a long way to go to catch up ,lol .
Love those teddies so much , if they ever want to move , they can come live with me .X

Sheila said...

You did great with all the bumps, I can't stitch while riding.
I agree she needs to sell them. They are adorable, I just love bears.They look so hugable.

Sally said...

Well done on your ornament stitching on a bumpy ride. I couldn't stitch in the car as it'd make me feel sick.

Love your L*K. It's such a pretty piece.

Cute bears!!! Your DD should definitely sell them.

Carol said...

Good for you for taking advantage of that long car ride and getting some stitching done, Tricia! That's a skill I can't seem to manage :)

Your LK is looking adorable as are your DDs teddy bears--tell her what a great job she's doing on them!

Wishing you a most blessed Easter.

Teresa said...

What a cute little ornament, Silent Night. Sorry it took a bumpy ride to fiish it.
Those bears are the cutiest ever, they look so soft.
Another cute card.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

mdgtjulie said...

Grats on the little finish. It's really cute. And on the progress too. Keep up the good work. The bears look too cute. Tell your dd great job on them.

Catherine said...

Great stitches and love the bears!

Janeen said...

this is an adorable card. like how you paper peiced her all together. lots of fussy cutting there. but so worth it.

Jackie said...

Good deal for you Tricia. You still got quite a bit of the ornie done. LK is coming a long beautifully and those bears are absolutely beautiful. Your DD did a fine job on them.
Your card is beautiful too and I know your DD would appreciate it
TFS and I hope you have a wonderful Easter too.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Tricia. Your ornament came out great despite the bumps! :o) Darling card too. Such pretty colors and fun elements.

Anne said...

Grats on stitching in a moving truck!! LOL!! Great progress on ABC Lessons!! Those little crocheted bears are darling! How sweet of your DD!!

Stitching in the country said...

All your stitching looks good. I agree that its not easy to stitch whilst in a vehicle. I usually knit which is better. Lovely teddies. She should certainly sell them.

Hugs
Kay

JD said...

All is so beautifully done...I bookmarked your site to come back later, so many neat things to see. This makes me so wish I could still cross stitch. These "grandma eyes can't do it anymore.