4.25.2012

New Rotation & Prize up for Grabs!!

Happy wet Wednesday!  It sounds so Spring-like here today.  The rain is falling gently...  ahhhh!!! : )

Lots and lots to show you today!  First off, how about a look at the prize for the Scissors Scamper.  There are just a few more days for you to link up your post of your scissor collection!  In keeping with the theme, I chose to stitch this adorable little Summer Fab Fob by Lizzie Kate for the winner and I'll include the scissors, too!  Of course, my dd looked at it and said... "what if one of your overseas gals wins??".  Hmmm.  Good point.  I guess you'll just have a keepsake from the US with our flag on it! : )

Here's the fob & scissors...


And here's the prize all together. : )


That was a fun project to put together, especially because I hadn't ever made my own cord before!! Yay!  I learned something new.  Now to try a pinkeep.  Hmmm.  Maybe next time!

After my trip to Branson and fun at the cross stitch store, I decided that I was going to try working through a rotation of projects again.  I need to keep going on my DH's Big Huge Project, but he said it didn't have to be done right away, so I feel better about taking it a little at a time again.

So, right now... at least until I change it in a week or so... here's my list of projects.

Sundays I'm going to work on O Holy Night by Stoney Creek.  I found some gorgeous Lugana fabric to use and I love how it is coming along so far.  Here's my start...



I wasn't sure if I could use Lugana with all my allergies, but I haven't had any problems yet and I love it!

Monday is Jardin Prive's Douceur de Vivre.  This has been in my stash for awhile and I think it is SO pretty.  And it has sheep on it! : )


Tuesday is the BHP - Cabin Fever.  It was easier last night because I was using the floor stand with it, so I got quite a bit done.



Today I'm working on Eye on the Sparrow by Silver Creek Samplers.  You'll see an update of that next week.

Thursday is be CCN's January Cottage...


Friday Old Colonial's Turtle Needlebook that I bought in Branson...  (I just have the other side to complete)



And Saturday is Yiota's Dogs Caroling kit.  I really hope I allowed enough fabric for this.  I have measured 6 or 8 times and I'm going to be really close!


Now... a couple of (very wrinkled) finishes!! : )


Lizzie Kate's ABC Lessons
28 Tea Monaco
Threads from Kit

And DH's first finish...

 He wanted to be sure that I showed you his current progress on his WIP, too.  He's doing such a good job!  It's fun to sit and stitch with him in the evenings!


Thanks so much for dropping by!  I've been horrible at commenting lately, but I am keeping up with everyone's posts.  We'll see if I ever catch up with myself enough to drop by and say hello! : )

Don't forget the Scissors Scamper!

TTFN!

Tricia
aka Inkystitcher

16 comments:

lynda said...

Love your Lizzie Kate finish! And how fun to have your dh stitching along with you! Good luck with your rotation...I've tried to do that lots of times but it never seems to work out as I plan!'I've been meaning to take a pic of my scissors...I'll put a post-it on my bag and maybe I'll finally remember tonight!

Mouse said...

oooo well done on the scissor fob gorgeous scissors too :) and way to go on the rotation and all that stitching FAB ..

ooooo DH your doing so well .. keep up the good work :)

have done my link but for some reason don't get it to link to the right bit sooo folks will have to scroll a lot ...lol
love mouse xxxxx

Cath said...

Hooray for the finish . It looks great . My lettuce leaves is not looking at all like yours :-( .
Looking forward to seeing more progress on your other projects. X
Tell DH , well done !

ChrisG said...

You sure are a busy lady. I just love the finish on the fob.

ChrisG said...

You sure are a busy lady! Love the scissors fob, and great job on the cording. How'd you do it? I tie one end of the cording to my big toe and then stretch out my leg...now that's different!!

Carol said...

Gorgeous fob you've made, Tricia--and good for you for making your own cording. It looks great. I also love that little turtle needlebook--too cute!!

Cathy Pavlovich said...

Awesome WIPs and finishes! Seeing other stitchers' progress is inspiring!
Cathy

Sheila said...

Love the Lizzie Kate fob, and the scissors. All the WIP looks great. Maybe I need to start a rotation on my things.

CalamityJr said...

Everythiing looks great! Congrats to hubby, too. He's doing a great job!

Anne said...

Oooh! Tricia! You finish ABC Lessons! It looks fantastic!! Love all your new WIP's!! That cord looks great too and as for making a pinkeep, there's loads of great tutorials and they are fairly straight forward to make!! Your DH's finishes are cute too :D

Denise SA said...

Your scissor fob is gorgeous as are all your pieces. Congratulate DH on his finish too

Sally said...

You have definitely been stitching up a storm Tricia. Love your scissor fob. ABC Lessons is gorgeous as are your other finishes. Nice progress on your WIPS :)

Minnie said...

All of your work and hubby's is gorgeous. Congrats on the finish.

Julie said...

Lots of lovely stitching happening here. The fob and scissor giveaway is adorable.

Linda said...

Congrats on the finish. I love those LK ABC's. Your other pieces all look great. Congrats to hubby for his finish.

Linda

DJ said...

My goodness you've been a busy stitcher!! As always everything is lovely...and the scissor fob is beautifully finished. I have been trying to get my scissors together in my frog and take a picture, but time keeps getting away from me. Whoever wins is going to be truly blessed! *Hugs*