5.22.2012

I have a finish!

... But I can't show you yet! : )  LOL  I finished my exchange piece for the Stitched With Love exchange, but it is secret for awhile yet, so I can't show you.  I can tell you that I *love* how it turned out and I wouldn't have minded keeping it, though!! : )

The only other stitching that I did this week was on my Jardin Prive piece.  This is such a soothing piece to work on.  I don't really know why... maybe it's the colors?  Or the fabric?  I've found that I like Lugana so much more than Jobelan.  It's so easy to stitch on!  Anyway, I'm thoroughly enjoying this piece and I intend to finish it before I stitch anything else.  I'm feeling the need to actually complete at least one thing before I start the ornament exchange / challenge stitching for one of my groups in July.  Here's where I am right now...


There are 3 rows of three, plus a border of flowers and an outside border, so I'm probably about half done at this point.  I'll work on filling in the empty square tonight while I watch the rest of Jane Austen's "Emma"

Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

lynda said...

This looks lovely Tricia! I love the JP designs

Gillie said...

You know your partner will love it it when YOU want to keep it, lol! Never fails! I really have my eye on the JP chart, I may have to break down and buy it, looks lovely, Tricia.

Shannon said...

Congrats on your finish! Your JP piece looks wonderful. I hope to stitch that one myself some day.

Veronica said...

Your WiP is coming along beautifully! I just love those tiny sheep. So cute!

Hugs,
Veronica.

Mouse said...

oooo well done :) and shame you can't show us the secret stitching yet ..lol love being nosy as you know hehehe:0
love mouse xxxx

Sally said...

That is so pretty Tricia:)

mdgtjulie said...

It's looking great, Tricia. Keep up the good work!! I have a couple of pieces that are like that. Just all around lovely to work on. And I've loved Lugana for a while now. It's the first... Brand name evenweave (I don't know what else to call it, lol) I've tried. It's nice and soft and not hard to stitch on at all. Love it!

Shirlee said...

Your WIP is pretty! I can't wait to see your exchange piece : )

milly said...

Beautiful stitching, the colours are lovely!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your Jardin piece is lovely!

Julie said...

The muted colours in this one are so beautiful.

Carol said...

The more I see of this one, the more I love it, Tricia. I can see why it would be so relaxing to stitch :)

stitchesnscraps said...

Your JP piece is lovely! I can see why feel it's soothing! The colours just sort of flow! Glad you are enjoying the stitching! That's what it's all about! Thanks for sharing!

Melissa J.

Sarah Beth said...

Hi. You stopped by my blog so I had to check you out. Your a flute player....I am a professional flutist. Love your latest project btw. Tell me do you love using the q snap frames.....do they keep things very taught. What grade do you teach. I play in church too. I go to a Christian church. What type of church do you attend.

Catherine said...

I love the colors in that piece! I can see why you are enjoying it!

Anne said...

Gorgeous! I love how this one is unfolding and I can see how it's a relaxing stitch!!

SoCal Debbie said...

Beautiful stitching! It must be fun to fill in all the squares and celebrate a mini-finish each time. Thanks for the recommendation of Lugana. I'll have to try that some day!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty. The colors are really nice! Hope you enjoyed Emma! :o)