5.01.2012

Scissors Scamper Winner and an Update!

Hello everyone!

Let's start with something fun...

I wrote out all the entrants into the Scissors Scamper and had my daughter pull a name.  The winner of the Scissors Scamper prize is LYNDA!  Congratulations!  If you'll email me your mailing address I'll get your prize out to you.  Thank you everyone for playing along!  I had fun seeing everyone's scissors. : )

Not a ton to show on the stitching front this week.  I decided that I am not thrilled with my choice to do the Yiota's kit over one.  I will probably restart it sometime and work from the middle of the chart instead of the top corner so I can see the dogs right away.  I don't think I could never do a HAED chart that had 5 pages of black or blue before you got to some color.  I really wouldn't enjoy it!  Anyway, the Yiota's kit is back on my someday/maybe list for now.

Here are my favorites for the week...

I love this Jardin Prive chart!  It is SO fun to stitch!


And "O Holy Night" is coming along, too...


And then, of course, we have the "I am such an idiot" moment for the week.  Apparently I don't like windows, because I stitched over the two back windows of my January Cottage completely.  And I'm leaving it that way, too!  Because I meant to do it that way  I don't want to frog the entire house!  Sigh.  That's what I get for not paying attention when I'm stitching!


The rotation for this week?  Well, I have an exchange piece to start and I want to work lots on the Jardin Prive and O Holy Night pieces.  I might put 15 minutes in on the Cottage, Cabin Fever, His Eye is on the Sparrow and my Turtle Needlebook, too... but those two and the exchange piece are what are calling my name at the moment.  We'll see!

Have a wonderful week!!

Blessings!

Tricia

8 comments:

Thoeria said...

Oh I think your January cottage has character this way :)

Heather said...

Tricia,

You can always pretend that the gal who lives in the Jan cottage doesn't like to wash windows so she had the builder put less windows in!! LOL!!

Everything looks great!!

Love, Heather

Sally said...

Congratulations Lynda!

Love your Jardin Prive. It is so sweet!

Lovely progress on O Holy Night and your cottage.

Carol said...

Congratulations to Lynda! And I'm with you on the HAEds, Tricia--I just don't have the patience. I need that instant gratification that small finishes provide. Speaking of small things--I just love your start on the Jardin Prive chart. Those sheep are precious :)

Minnie said...

Congratulations to Lyndai for winning the scissors scamper. It was really fun, thank you for Tricia for hosting it. I had to giggle at your two missing windows but I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't mentioned it.

Jane said...

Hello Tricia
I just wanted to pop by and thank you for your kind message you left on my blog, I truly appreciate your words. Your stitching and finishes are lovely, I shall enjoy following you and watching all your future progress.
Jane xxx
(Buttons & Stitches x x x)

Anne said...

Lovely new starts!! I think I've seen Carol from iStitch stitch this pattern and I find it so charming!!

Congrats to Lynda!!!

Julie said...

The Jardin Prive start is lovely.
Congrats to Lynda.