5.15.2012

This Week in Stitches...

Hello again!

First, let me congratulate VERONICA, whose name I drew as the winner of the q-snap covers.  I hope you enjoy them!

Then on to this week's stitching!  Let's see.... I stitched more on my exchange piece, but I can't show you that yet.  And I did some stitching and outlining on O Holy Night...


And finished another block on Douceur de Vivre... 


and even stitched for awhile on Cabin Fever!!


I'm not sure I'll be happy with doing the outlining as I go on O Holy Night.  I'm sure some of it will get covered up... but I really, really dislike having to do it all at the end, and I'd rather it be *all done* when I'm done with the stitching rather than feeling like I'm having to stitch the entire piece again in backstitch.


Here's a little thank you gifty that I finished and sent off a week or so ago.  The pattern was one I stitched during the Crazy 15 last year, and I finally finished it into a little pin pillow stuffed with crushed walnut shells.  Aren't those pins adorable?  They are some that I picked up in Branson at Cecilia's Sampler from the My Big Toe trunk show.  I think they are precious!


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  You all leave such nice comments and they make me smile. : )

Happy stitching!

Tricia
aka InkyStitcher : )


11 comments:

Carol said...

Congratulations to Veronica!

Your stitching is looking great, Tricia--so many varied pieces...I really love each little block on Douceur de Vivre. I like how the clouds drift from one block over into the next--very cute!

Your little pin pillow is so cute--love the spotted bunnies. Someone will be very pleased with your gift :)

Parsley said...

Oh what nice stitching! Love the bunnies! Just wanted to stop by as I'm reopening my blog.

Veronica said...

Thank you so much for drawing my name. I'll definitely enjoy using them :)

O Holy Night looks great. So much difference with the backstitching in. Lovely progress on Douceur de Vivre and Cabin Fever too.

Beautiful pinpillow. Looks like a Jeremiah Junction design. Is it?

Hugs,
Veronica.

mdgtjulie said...

Lovely stuff Tricia. I love the way Cabin Fever is looking. It's REALLY making me want to get that kit!! And your little pin pillow is adorable.

Lesleyanne said...

Congratulations to Veronica. Lovely progress on your wips and a great ornament finish.

Shirlee said...

Lovely finishes & WIPS, as always : )

Anne said...

Congrats to Veronica!! Lovely progress on your WIP\s Tricia!! I love watching you add more blocks to Douceur de Vivre!! Such a sweet little pillow you made and those pins are precious!!

Linda said...

Great stitching on all your pieces Tricia. The little pin pillow is really cute.

Linda

Jan said...

Such cute pins in your darling pin cushion! I have some like it. Your projects are going so well.

DJ said...

I love O Holy Night, I have stitched that many years ago...I collect nativities and well...I like to stitch them too. You are doing a beautiful job. Love the little pin pillow, lovely job finishing!! All your stitching is lovely! Sorry I've been MIA for a little while, I'll try to get back to regular posting again. *Hugs*

Julie said...

Congratulations to Veronica.
A beautiful gift you have made.
Lovely progress on the stitching, the back stitch certainly brings that project to life.