6.13.2012

Up for A Challenge

I got something done! :)  One of the gals on the Friendly Stitchers board challenged me to finish my penguin today, cuz I've been putting it off.  Have I mentioned (lately) that I *really* don't enjoy backstitching?  Well, I'm usually up to a challenge, so I said I would finish the penguin, AND finish sewing the binding on the little baby quilt that I made in January or February.  It was half sewn on and I put it away.  Why do we do that???

Here are the pictures...

Pattern from Tangled Threads
My own DMC choices

Scrap baby/doll quilt


TA DA!!!  ~~~


Thanks for stopping by!

Tricia

13 comments:

Parsley said...

It turned out really cute.

Mouse said...

wooo hooo well done on the back stitching ... that penguin would be perfect for my DH too ..lol :)
love mouse xxxxx

Terri said...

Congrats on the finishes! They are both cute!

Lesleyanne said...

Both finishes are lovely. Congrats.

Lizzy Pizzy said...

Well done Tricia, sometimes it just takes that sweet and encouraging *SHOVE* to get you over the line (or past the back stitching). That certain Friendly Stitcher is sure good at laying down the challenges, ahem ... encouragement!
I'd like to say I think the penguin looks super sweet, but he might sneak in a get me while I sleep... Congrats on TWO finish finishes :)
Liz x

Vickie said...

You must be thrilled! How great to GET IT DONE! :) http://astitchersstory.blogspot.com/

Shirlee said...

I'm not a big fan of back stitching either ... lol! Both your projects look great!

Thoeria said...

Oh perfect! Love the quilt too :)

Linda said...

Congrats on the finishes. They turned out great.

Linda

Julie said...

Mr Penguin is real ure, super finish.
Love the quilt.

Anne said...

Yay! Congrats on the finish! He's super adorable and I love the way you finished him! Doesn't it feel so good to actually finish a piece?!!

Carol said...

Your penguin is adorable, Tricia--so nicely finished, too! Lovely babydoll quilt, too (and very pretty curtains in the background!!).

butterfly said...

Your penguin looks fab, I must be the only person who likes back stitch ha. Love your baby quilt.hugs.