8.15.2012

My Very First!

Flat ornament, that is!!

Hello everybody!  I've been a busy stitcher these last two weeks!  First, I met up with a fellow stitcher from my Friendly Stitchers group last week.  So much fun!!  Gillie has a wonderful British accent, and we had a lovely time together chatting over a cup of coffee and doing a little stash enhancement.  Gillie brought me a sweet pair of British flag scissors, which I didn't take a picture of cuz they were in use already. : )

While we were there I picked up the chart for LHN's "Hot Cocoa" ornament.  Now you know that I've only ever made little pillow ornaments, but on the tree in the shop there were adorable flat ornaments that I commented on.  Of course, Gillie said that I should try one... although, if I remember rightly, she hadn't made one either...

Anyway - here is my stitched and finished ornament to remember our get together...

TADA - a Flat Finish!!!! : )  Yay for me!!


Just a note... My aida was called "Lambswool" and it was almost too light.  I had to change out ecru for B5200 and you still can't see it that well.  I'd recommend a darker color fabric if you want to use the recommended colors!

 Here we all are after supporting the local economy...

And look what arrived in the mail for me!!  From my sweet blogging / Friendly Stitcher friend Melissa...



Another flat ornament ... with SHEEP on it!!! : )  I love it Melissa!  Thank you so much!!!!

That's all for me right now.  I'm working on a Precious Moments piece for charity at the moment, but I think I'm missing some colors, so I might start another ornament.  We'll see!

Thanks for stopping by!

25 comments:

blueladie said...

Ohhhhhh LOVE it! You did GREAT with the finish!!! :D
Cathryn

Mouse said...

ooooooooooooo well done :) gorgeous finish and nice to see you all too ... love the stash enhancement ... and Melissa's one is lovely too :)
love mouse xxxx

Denise SA said...

Beautiful finishing I love how it looks

Jennifer M. said...

It sounds like you both had a nice afternoon together. Love that LHN pattern you stitched. You finished it perfectly. :)

Jen

Gillie said...

Hi my coffee house friend! Such a lovely time and glad the scissors are in use!

That is one elegant pin keep and well done, you are ahead of me since I have never made one!

Worth mentioning that Melissa's ornament started the challenge since you wanted it with the sheep on!

butterfly said...

Love your flat fold looks so Yummy,also your friends gift looks just fab.

Kate said...

Great finish, lovely to read about your meet up with Gillie

Kate said...

Great finish, lovely to read about your meet up with Gillie

Shirlee said...

Wonderful ornaments!

Vickie said...

Great job! Good times. :)

DJ said...

Wonderful finish! So glad you and Gillie got to meet! Love the ornament Melissa sent you! I thought of you the other day when I ran across a little sheep decoration...I hesitate to send things though, for as soon as you tell someone you collect things, they suddenly appear on your doorstep...LOL Can't wait to see what you'll stitch next!

SoCal Debbie said...

Great job on your first flat ornament! I hope to make some too, when I build up the courage to try!

Kris said...

Great job on the flat ornament. I need to give that a try. I love the ornament from Melissa - does anyone know who the designer is on that? I would love to get the pattern and stitch it. So cute!

Mylene said...

Beautiful stitching and great job on the finishing.

Cindy's Stitching said...

Your first flat finish looks great. Yes you do have to support the economy lol.

Maureen said...

It's always so nice to meet fellow stitchers for real..
For a first flat finish I am very impressed -looks great.

Lizzy Pizzy said...

That is a great flat finish orny, congratulations! I think all 'lambswool' is not equal, depends on brand and thread count (the higher the count the deeper/darker the colour), but the details on your orny seem to show up well in the pic.
Lucky you to meet up and chat with the enabling queen from Friendly Stitchers, and no surprises your visit involved stash enhancement :)
Love Melissa's little gift too...
Liz x

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful stitching and finishing!!

Carol said...

What an adorable finish, Tricia--think I will have to stitch that one myself this winter :)

How nice that you got to meet Gillie, too. Did you know she came to my house this winter when she was in Pittsburgh visiting her daughter--what a world traveler!!

Meari said...

Congrats on your first flat finish. I make use that type of finish for most of my ornaments. (I don't like the way my pillow ornaments turn out)

Sounds like you had a lot of fun during your meet-up. :)

Julie said...

Your flat ornament is superb, I would never have guessed it's the first time you have tried this type of finish.

A lovely picture of you all.

Kathy H said...

Your ornament turned out great. I love how you finished It.

Scattered Threads said...

A very beautiful finish. You did a wonderful job on it.
I like the ornie from Melissa also and TFS your pic of you and your shopping buddy.
I do not know why your blog is not showing up on my reader and I'm sorry, I do not know how to fix it(:
Maybe blogger is having issues again.
TFS.
Jackie

Sally said...

What a lovely finish Tricia. You did a great job on it.

Lovely gift from Melissa. I must stitch that one myself soon.

Anne said...

Yay! Congrats on your first flat ornie finish! It looks fabulous and now you have two! That one from Melissa is so sweet. Great photo of you gals!