10.15.2012

A Finish and a Start!

Yay!  I have a finish!  Last week my dear, wonderful husband whisked me away to a hotel for a night and let me sit and stitch at the hotel while he attended a meeting the next day.  It was like my own little stitching retreat.  I drank coffee, listened to an audio drama of "A Christmas Carol" and part of "Jane Eyre" and worked for hours and hours on my "Cow Over the Moon" piece.  With just a few more hours work....

TA DA!!!


As a reward for finishing my first HAED chart, I bought a "mini" size chart at their Columbus Day sale.  When I looked at the amount of pages in said mini chart I was surprised!  It's still huge!  I won't be starting on that one quite yet.  I need to decide what count fabric to use...

My next project is this sweet Prairie Schooler Farm sampler for a Christmas present.
It seems like it is going to be an enjoyable stitch as well!


Thanks for stopping by!!!

Tricia


18 comments:

DJ said...

Good for you!! It looks wonderful and like a ton of work! So...will you frame or find another way to finish? Curious minds want to know! And I love the new chart you found...how cute is that?!?!?! *Hugs*

Heather said...

Oh wow weeeee!! I love this. the colours are brilliant. well done to you, a pat on the back and a big cup of tea xxxx

socialsue said...

That is cute and congratulations for finishing your HAED project!

Lesleyanne said...

Congrats on completing your first HAED. Great new start.

Julie said...

Fabulous, a truly stunning finish, well done.

Kaisievic said...

Fantastic! The Cow over the Moon is stunning! Love your new start, too.

Shirlee said...

Lovely finish & start : )

Vickie said...

Good for you! It looks wonderful.

Carol said...

Oh, how sweet it looks, Tricia--congratulations :)

Linda said...

Congrats on the finish Tricia. It turned out great. I love your new start and have that in my stash. Maybe I will start it.

Linda

SoCal Debbie said...

Congratulations on your finish! It is adorable. How nice to sit and stitch for hours and hours. I highly recommend it! Old McDonald looks fun to stitch!

Joy said...

You go girl...a HAED finish!! Such a wonderful hubby! Glad you had some relaxing stitching time.

Sally said...

Wahoo! Your first HAED finish is fantastic. So cute :)

Nice new start.

What a brilliant DH you have!

Meari said...

Congrats on your finish! It turned out really cute.

Teresa said...

Cute little kitty. I really like the farm scene, can't wait to see more.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Scattered Threads said...

Congrats on your finish Tricia. I love the PS piece you've started too. It will be beautiful when done.

Jackie:)

Anne said...

Big congrats on finishing! It's adorable! Love your new PS start too!!

Maureen said...

Fantastic work! I love the idea of your very own stitching retreat, sounds just bliss. What mini did you go for?