11.04.2012

Another Week


Three squares out of four are done!  Yippee!! I sat down the other day and started gathering all the projects that I want to stitch next year. According to my "how long this will take" list, I have more than enough in my basket to last all year and I really don't need to buy anything except a piece of 25 count Lugana fabric for my Mini Christmas Mailbox chart, some DMC floss and whatever fabric I decide to stitch "Be Joyful" on.  And honestly, I think I could stitch from now through September without even buying any of that.  I really hope that I can finish most of this list next year and keep from buying a lot.   I keep thinking of the story in the Bible where the man built new barns to hold all his extra crops and then died before he could use any of them.    So rather than "stashing" this year, I hope to actually *stitch* a number of the wonderful charts that I've been blessed with!  Saving money would be good, too, as expenses seem to keep rising out of proportion with our paycheck.  Be sure to watch this spot if you are in the same boat of not much $$ to spend.  I plan to give away some charts and/or kits throughout the year -- ones that I know I won't get around to stitching.

Speaking of which!  The winner of the giveaway from the last post is... MELISSA.
Be sure to email me with your snail mail address and full name so I can get it out to you!! : )

Happy Stitching!

15 comments:

Myra said...

Your stitching looks great. You have given me an idea - I really need to have some sort of plan for my stitching too.

Emma said...

I too am hoping to not buy so much next year, but I think my self discipline is somewhat weaker than yours!

Vicki said...

I know exactly what you mean - I have so many patterns and I just know I'm never going to be able to get to them all. My eyes probably won't hold out that long! I've been looking through my stash and making plans for next year too... Can't wait to see what you'll be working on.

Linda said...

I'm lovin your Old MacDonald's piece. I think I need to start that one.

Linda

SoCal Debbie said...

I didn't know about that Bible story. I think I have enough stash to keep me busy if Linda doesn't keep tempting me to buy more charts!

Shirlee said...

I like your plan! I've been thinking along the same lines : )

Vickie said...

Yes, I am in the same boat, that is for sure! I rarely buy a chart. I have more than enough to work with. I especially like your stitched dog. =)

Joy said...

Good progress on your WIP! I have been looking into next year's goals also. I have a BIG binder full of wishful stitching! LOL I am also taking from stash and just purchasing "some" threads. I hope I can be good...some designers get me into trouble!

Mary Ann said...

Wonderful progress on Old MacDonald!! And, I will join you on the cutting back on buying stash. I have been doing good lately, and plan to continue stitching what I have.

Carol said...

Such a cute WIP, Tricia! I've bought very little this year with just stitching so many smalls. It was such fun pulling out old freebies and little charts and FINALLY stitching them in 2012 :)

Barb said...

Your Wip piece is so cute. Great job on it. This is first I've seen your blog and I really enjoyed it. I love that cat piece you did.

Sally said...

Your PS is looking great Tricia.

I'm thinking of stitching rather than stashing again next year. I've bought way less this year than I usually do so am pretty proud of myself and I reckon I could do it again next year with just the odd treat. I've asked Father Christmas for some fabric for my HAEDs :)

Julie said...

Beautiful project you are working on.

I think a lot of stitchers will be uint their stash with funds being low or them and ever increasing prices. Looking forward to seing what you ave in your 2013 basket.

Heather said...

Hi Tricia! Your PS is looking nice! I am impressed that you have already made a plan. I need to be better at stitching what I already have. You have inspired me to go through my stash and make a plan and get rid of stuff I am not going to stitch. ;o)

Love, Heather

Melissa said...

I should put a list together myself! Of course the only danger is that it will be too long lol

Thanks for the opportunity! Thanks for hosting such a great giveaway :) :) :)