12.07.2012

Long Time No Post

Hi everyone!

Are you all ready for Christmas?  We decorated a few days after Thanksgiving and I've been wrapping presents and watching Christmas movies and generally just enjoying the joy of the Holy Season.  It's such a gift to be able to celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus!

Since my last post I've been working on another Work in Progress in my pile - a Precious Moments piece that I meant for one of the charity quilt organizations... but I cut the fabric too small.  UGH.  Oh well, it's cute anyway and I just put the last stitches in it last night.  Yippee!   I wonder who's having a little girl soon??


As soon as I finish this post I am going to go kit up the first page of my new start...


I am SO excited to start this! (And I can, even though it wasn't on next year's list, because it isn't next year yet!!! LOL!)  I bought it at the 45% off sale and I think it will be SO pretty.  It will be my first time trying the 25 count over 1 for this large of a project, so I hope I won't make too many mistakes.  I can't imagine frogging it!!

All right, I'm off to play with my stitching!

Thanks for stopping by!



10 comments:

Vickie said...

Excellent job on your Precious Moments piece.
I love to stitch one over one on 25ct. You will like it!!

Julie said...

Pretty finish.
Your next project is going to stunning, looking forward to seeing that one grow.

Greta Carter said...

You can always do a flat fold since the fabric is too small. Well done.
Greta

Meari said...

Congrats on your finish. It's adorable. Good luck on your new start.

Sally said...

What a cute finish Tricia.

Love your new HAED chart. Look forward to seeing your progress.

Lizzy Pizzy said...

Hi Tricia
There's a lot of back-stitching in your little Precious Moments. Well done on the finish. You could perhaps have added some strips of fabric to make like a frame around it AND at the same time make it the right size to fit into the quilt...
Love the HAED stocking, many MANY hours of stitching joy there :)
hugs from Liz x (Friendly Stitcher)

Nicky said...

Hi Tricia
Your Precious Moments is adorable, so very cute! Your HAED stocking is going to be amazing, they have so much detail.
Wishing you a very happy Christmas,
Nicky x

DJ said...

Your precious moments piece is adorable!! It's a lovely finish! Oh...your HAED piece looks lovely, can't wait to see your progress on that. I love the Little Drummer Boy and that is my husband's favorite Christmas carol. *Hugs*

Sarah Beth said...

I love precious moments and your finish is really nice. One of these days I'm going to work on some myself

Sarah Beth said...

I love precious moments and your finish is really nice. One of these days I'm going to work on some myself