12.14.2012

Some Ornaments Ornimentified

Don't you just love that word "ornimentified"??  It's about as confusing as saying "I'm going to finish some finishes." :)  But that's what I did today - well, this afternoon, cuz that's how long it took for me to get up the courage to start!  I needed to do some flat finishes, and since I'd only done one up to this point I was a little nervous... but I like how they turned out!  Here's the group shot...


The cow and the horse were stitched by my husband.  He gets the cow in it's "ornimentified" form (there's that handy word again!) for Christmas and I get to keep the little "Friends" one. (LK chart)  The other two will find their way into my daughters' stockings.

On the actual stitching front I started the HAED "Little Drummer Boy" stocking this week and I'm close to finishing the first column on the first page.  Yay!   It's working up smaller than I expected, since I've already reached the back of the donkey.  Shall we guess how long it will take for me to finish it???  Hmmm....  I'd love to be done with it by the end of March, but I just saw the sneak peek of the new LHN series and it's about SHEEP!  Must stitch.  So that will mean the stocking will take a little longer.  There is that little thing of finding the $$ to buy the adorable sheep-ies and supplies, though, so I might not have to worry about it!! : )

Here's my start.  All together now...  Ooooooo.....  Aaaaaaahhh...  (What is it?????)  : )  Hopefully there will be a little more to look at next week! : )


Thanks for dropping by this week!  Your comments make my day. : )

15 comments:

Lumiruusu said...

So pretty and cute ornaments !
Well done :)

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely finishes. Great start on your HAED.

Vickie said...

Oooooh! Aaaaaah! ;) It looks great. Both of your projects.

CatsnCorgis said...

Loved the ornaments! They are unique.

Denise SA said...

I love the way the ornaments were ornimentified

Mouse said...

ohhh well done on the ornimentifications ..lol that is a cute word ... and ohhh my I saw the sneak peek of the sheepies ... mmmmmmm don't panic am sure something will turn up for you ;0)
love mouse xxxxx

DJ said...

Great job on your Ornimentified ornaments!! I'm thinking of sending mine to you for finishing? LOL Or, maybe I can make a road trip and you can teach me?? Without meaning to, I'm sure, but you did a great job enabling too!! I was looking at your blog when DH walked by. The little drummer boy is his favorite carol and when he saw your stocking he asked if I was going to buy it. LOL I should have said I would if HE would make it...LOL HAED should hire you for commissions on selling their patterns! Can't wait to get started on it, shall we have a SAL? *Hugs*

Nicky said...

LOVE that new word and LOVE those ornaments, your finishing is so neat and perfect. Beautiful!

Dianne said...

Very nice indeed - ornamentifying is on my list for later today, so you've been an inspiration :) And sheep, sheep, you say? I don't need one more sheep, but there's always always room, and I'm so weak LOL

Meari said...

Wow, nice finishes!!

Linda said...

You did a great job on finishing the ornaments. They are all really cute. Wish I could finish like that.

Linda

SoCal Debbie said...

Your ornamentification is fantastic! I hope to give it a try myself, too! You are an inspiration. Great stitching by you and your hubby too!

Julie said...

Beautiful collection

Carol said...

Really pretty finishing on adorable pieces, Tricia. The tri-colored cording on the cow is especially pretty! I think that is so nice that you and your husband can share a hobby like stitching :)

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Anne said...

Stunning finishes! I love the word ornamentified! makes sense and sounds better than "finish a finish"!! Love the little bells you attached to the cording!