1.03.2013

It's a New Year!

Hello friends and neighbors!

Did you have a nice Christmas?  Ours was just lovely.  I had a stocking filled to the brim with fun things like this extendable magnet thingie.  It will be perfect for lost needles and dropped scissors!



And I got to go to the not-so LNS with my dd who was home from college, cuz she *needed* something.  I picked up a piece of fabric for my Little House Sheep series that I plan to do this year.  Isn't it pretty?  I can't stitch on linen (it gives me hives) so I picked something that was kinda sorta in the same color family, only in Lugana instead.  Can't wait for them to come out!!!



Let's see... I had a few wonderful surprises over Christmas from blogging friends.  Mouse sent me the adorable little ort catcher (bourse?) with sheep on it and I also won the blog drawing on her blog for a gift certificate to 1-2-3 Stitch.  I'm for sure going to get the first Sheep Virtues pattern with it, and I think I might treat myself and kit up one of the  My Big Toe Building Blocks that I've had on my wish list for a long time, too. : )

Yesterday I found out that I'd won another blog drawing, too, but you'll have to wait to see this one until it gets here. : )

On the stitching front, I've been working a little on my HAED Little Drummer Boy Stocking and I did a tiny bit on a bookmark when I was sitting with my Mom one afternoon.  I hope to stitch more this week than I did when DD was home from college!!

Little Drummer Boy Stocking and the Bourse from Mouse


Thanks for stopping by!

Tricia


7 comments:

Vickie said...

I had never heard of anyone getting hives from linen before. I like working with lugana.

Julie said...

You'll never guess, I had an extending magnets from a stitching friend too!
Hapoy new year!

Catherine said...

I love my extending magnet ~ it has found my needle many times!

Denise SA said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas

Sally said...

Lovely progress on your stocking. I was rak'd with one and would really love to start it.

I received a lovely sheep bourse from Mouse too!

Carol said...

Those extendable magnet things look very useful, Tricia... Who knows how many needles are lurking in my chair cushion?!

Congratulations on your giveaway wins and I love the fabric you've chosen for the sheep series. Looking forward to enjoying more of your stitching photos in 2013. May the new year bring you every happiness!

SoCal Debbie said...

Congrats on your blog wins. The bourse will be a wonderful ORT catcher! Nice fabby for your sheep series!