2.01.2013

A New Project

Hi everyone!

END OF JANUARY REPORT
Here's my end of January progress on my stocking and my "take to Mom's" bookmark...


Plus I finished Hope & Shepherd's Watched.  

NEW STASH - sort of : )
I had a happy mail day the other day that brought the fixin's for the new Lizzie Kate Promise Me chart. : )  AND, I bought it with a gift certificate so it doesn't count as new stash... or something like that. : )  I hope to start it as soon as I finish page one of the stocking.

NEW PROJECT!
Now for my new project!  I have had a project bag on my list of things to do since last summer, so today I decided to take the plunge and try it.  I used this tutorial on Karen's blog - Thanks Karen! - to get me started and just changed the fabric size to make the bag bigger.  I misfigured a little, though, cuz it won't fit a full magazine or HAED pattern page, so I'll have to make the next one bigger, BUT, it's perfect for all my littler projects like Promise Me, or my LHN charts or ornaments!!  AND... the fun part is that I had all the "ingredients" for the bag in my stash, and all I need to make another one is another zipper and maybe a zipper pull.  My dd has already asked for one for Christmas.  : )



FEBRUARY PLANS
Let's see... for February I would like to...
  • Finish pages 1 and 2 of the stocking
  • Finish the next LHN Sheep Virtues - end of the month
  • Start Promise Me
  • Start Yesterday, Today, Forever
  • Make one more project bag
Happy stitching and thanks for stopping by!

Tricia





18 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Very sweet project bag.

Sally said...

Your stocking and bookmark are loooking gorgeous Tricia.

Lovely new stash too. I love that new L*K chart!

Your project bag is lovely.

Simply Victoria said...

Oh, such a pretty project bag! And how nice to have all the supplies at hand. I love it when it works out like that. :) Keep up the great stitching progress. You are inspiring!

Camila Lino Lanigan said...

Your stocking is coming along nicely. I will check link for the project bag as Im very interested to make myself one. Thanks
Camila - stichingnbits.blogspot.ie

Lumiruusu said...

The Bookmark is very prettty and You have done good progress with the stocking :)
The LK chart looks nice -I like the verse very much :)

Maija from Finland

Julie said...

Super project bad, I hope you have a productive February.

Siobhán said...

Nice work on the project bag, and the bookmark! Your stocking looks great, too.

Vickie said...

ooOoo! Good for you! That is on my list of things to try. I chicken out every time. *~*
I am very impressed at your stash busting!

Teresa said...

You are making great progress on the stocking....what an adventurous piece.(full coverage)
The bag is gorgeous....LOOOOVVE the fabric.
The Promise me went into my cart as soon as it came out.....BIG pooh fans in our household.

DJ said...

You are such a talented lady!! I LOVE your project bag... I just might have to try that! Your stocking is really looking good, maybe I should try your approach, mine doesn't look like much but splotches of blue, your donkey looks so cute!! *Hugs*

Teresa said...

Love your stitching. I used Karen's blog to make some of her bags. She does such wonderful sewing. Your bag is just beautiful.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Sharon said...

Nice project bag I really like that! You are coming right along with your projects great job!

Carol said...

Absolutely love your new bag, Tricia--what a splendid job you did :)

Thoeria said...

Don't you just love the words of that LK chart? I promised myself no new starts this year until I work through all my WiPs, but have bought this (waiting for it to get here!) and will probably break my own rule once I finish half that's still on my plate :) Your bag looks lovely and thanks for the link!

Cindy said...

The project bag turned out great, love the fabric you chose!

SoCal Debbie said...

The project bag is lovely! I see that cute little zipper pull, too! How funny that your new purchase doesn't count since you used a GC. LOL! The stocking looks great!

blue star stitcher said...

The new Lizzie Kate Pooh bear design is a great stash addition. I have done that top bookmark before too, and it turned out so cute.

Anne said...

Hello!! It's been awhile! So nice to see your stitching and projects. Great new stash even if it's with a gift card :D That's the best kind of stash. Love your little project bag. I've been wanting to make one since last year too and I started one then realized I sewed the zipper inside out and had to rip everything apart, flung it into a bag and haven't looked at it since. Seeing yours though is inspiring me to pull out mine!! Thanks for the link too. Perhaps it will be better than the tutorial I followed!!