2.28.2013

Scattered Stitches

END OF FEBRUARY UPDATE

Greetings, fellow stitchers!

Today is the last day of February.  Time for me to look over my goals for the month and make new ones.  Let's see how I did!

LITTLE DRUMMER BOY... complete page 1 and 2
Not quite!  I have two and a half columns left on page two.



LHN Sheep Virtues... Stitch Second Sheep
Nope!  It hasn't come yet.  : (  Maybe tomorrow!!

L*K Promise Me... Start
Make one project bag
I decided to let DD stitch this one first, and it turned out ADORABLE!  She stitched it on 28 Ct Tea Monaco over 1.  I love it!  I'm going to be stitching it on 16 ct fabric so mine will seem HUGE compared to hers!  I plan to start that this month. : )

I was able to finish another project bag this month, using the same fabric as my last one.  I learned a few more things this time - like how NOT to put the zipper in - and I am still playing with the size of the bag a little.  I have another zipper, so I hope to make another this coming month.

L * K Promise Me on a new Project Bag
Other Progress...

Here's my traveling bookmark.  I never have much time to work on it at Mom's, but it's growing little by little and it's a nice take-along project.  I don't have an "I want this done by..." date on this one, it's just a time filler. : )




I worked a little on my Eye on the Sparrow (Silver Creek Samplers) WIP this month.  Filling in the red around the two R's...

And here's a new start from this week.  I wanted to stitch a block for charity, so I pulled out a square of blue Monaco and this sweet "Baby's First Christmas" pattern from the book "Priscilla's Babyland" by Gloria and Pat.  I've had it on my list to stitch for over 2 years! : )  That blob will be a bunny...


DD the Designer...


DD stitched up this sweet little design that she made up.  Isn't it precious?  If you'd like the pattern, just let me know!

HAPPY MAIL!

Shirlee was so sweet to send me her HE snowman ornament that was wreaking havoc at her house.  : )  I'm looking forward to stitching it... I think!


MARCH GOALS...
  • Finish Charity Block
  • Finish page 2 of Little Drummer Boy
  • Start a Stitcher's Notebook like Linda's for any new starts
  • Stitch LHN Sheep Virtues Love 
  • Make one project bag
  • Stitch for 1 night on Eye on the Sparrow
  • Stitch for 1 night on Yesterday, Today, Forever
  • Start Promise Me
  • Kit up Along for the Ride ornament
I shouldn't need to spend anything stitching wise this month - but I do love the little L*K limited edition spring kits (flowers and chicks, especially!) that I'm seeing sneak previews of for market.  I wouldn't probably be able to use the fabric that they come with, cuz I assume it's linen (I'm allergic), but if any of you are going to get them and would like to pass on the patterns when you're done, please keep me in mind!  I'd be happy to pay for them!

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you have a splendiferous day!!

Tricia


12 comments:

Linda said...

Great progress on all your pieces Tricia. Love the Little Drummer Boy. Your daughter did a great job on Promise Me. It must be tiny doing over one.

Linda

Miss LindaLee said...

Always love watching for your updates. You got a lot done this month. Good going!

SoCal Debbie said...

Lots of great stitching, Tricia! I know someone who is stitching Promise Me. I'd love to see your finished one next to your daughter's.

Thoeria said...

Lovely progress on all your pieces! And so many more goals for March! I'm waiting for my LK Promise me to arrive :) The words are so powerful and have special meaning for me so I may just break my own rule of no new starts.

Vickie said...

What beautiful stitching, especially Eye On The Sparrow!
Guess what?! I would like the pattern for He Leadeth Me. It is wonderful.

Mylene said...

Love your Lizzie kate finish, beautiful!
Lots of W.I.P's and all coming beautifully..

Mouse said...

oooo well done on the stocking ... way to go girl .... love the promise too .. thats on my to get list as I just love it ... can't wait to see your version ...
haven't seen the new L*K yet ... phew ...lol
nice mail you got too :) love mouse xxxxx

Julie said...

Good luck with our plans from March, you did well in February. Your daughters little design is very sweet.

Teresa said...

Wonderful progress on "Drummer Boy". I loved stitching the "Sparrow" piece.
Everything looks wonderful
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Carol said...

Really great projects this month, Tricia... I love your daughter's tiny over one finish of the LK piece--just perfect!! Monaco is my favorite "over one" fabric :)

DJ said...

There's a whole lotta stitching going on over there!! Your stocking is just humming along!! I feel like a snail in comparison!! Your daughter's design is just too cute...is there a budding designer in our midst? Her stitching of LK over one is amazing!! A girl after my own heart! It's so much fun to visit your blog! *Hugs*

Anne Sans Tete -- Nome de plume! said...

Lovely work all around! Your daughter's piece is very pretty & your HAED is coming along nicely.

- Lisa N.