5.18.2013

Sparrows, Exchanges and Acorn

Hello friends!



I've made good progress on my Eye on a Sparrow piece since last we spoke!  Yay!  Isn't it pretty?  My work area is messy right now, though, and I'm having a hard time sitting down to finish it.  I'm going to have to do some reorganizing this week, for sure!

I also started my exchange piece which is supposed to be a secret, but if you won't tell, I'll show it to you...  READY?????


Bwahahahahaha!!! : )

That's it for me today!  Oh, wait!  Did I show you the artist bear that my daughter made me for Mother's Day??  He is SO sweet.  He sits next to my computer and sometimes he even helps me stitch.  He is pretty little, only about 2 1/2" tall when seated, and he's weighted with steel shot so he feels "real" in your hand.  His joints are movable, too, so I can pose him for the camera.  I love him!!  I told her I wanted another one for Christmas!

 Meet Acorn...


"I can see why you need glasses!!"

That's all, folks!  See you next time!

Tricia


17 comments:

Cathy said...

Love your Eye on a Sparrow. What a pretty pattern and lovely colors! Also the little bear is adorable!
Cathy
CraftyCat

Shirlee said...

Cathy is right ... that bear is adorable!!! Your daughter is quite talented to have made him! Sparrow is looking great!

Linda said...

Great progress Tricia. I love your little bear. I collect teddy bears and he is just adorable.

Linda

Catherine said...

Very pretty project ~ and what a great bear your daughter made!!

Bekca said...

What a lovely gift to receive for Mother's Day, he certainly is very sweet :)
Great stitching!
Best wishes.

Jan said...

Lovely work and such a cute bear

Vickie said...

Your stitching looks great. What a wonderful piece.
Oh that bear! What talent your daughter has.

Mouse said...

ohhh well done on the stitching ... it is so pretty and awwwwwwwwwwww your wee bear is adorable ...I want oneeeeeeeee ..lol love mouse xxxxxx

Mary said...

Eye on the Sparrow is beautiful, Tricia. The colors are great.

"Acorn" is adorable. Aren't daughters the best? Yours is especially talented to have made such a sweet bear.

Julie said...

Awww such an adorable little bear, he looks like he knows a thing or two about stitching!

Mary Ann said...

Wonderful progress on such a pretty piece, Tricia! And, such a darling little bear!!

DJ said...

Beautiful stitching!! I love the Eye on the Sparrow piece!! What an adorable bear, what a big help he is with your stitching! Wonderful progress on your exchange! Can't wait to see more! LOL *Hugs*

Carol said...

Your stitching is just gorgeous, Tricia--looks like your daughter's adorable bear loves it as much as all of us do!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Eye on a sparrow has such beautiful colours!

Sally said...

Your Eye of the Sparrow is coming along really well. Love it!

Awww what a cute bear!

Brigitte said...

The bear is a real cutie. And I can understand that he longs for a little companion, lol.
Great progress picture.

Anne said...

Love the Eye of a Sparrow! It's so pretty! The bear is darling and looks very helpful too :D