9.28.2013

Working on WIP's and Lots of Goals

Hello friends!!

First ... Congratulations to Carol!  I'll be passing the Give Thanks chart on to you to stitch next. : )

In other stitching news...

No finishes to show this week.  I actually pulled out two WIP's from my piles (GASP) and set one in each of my "relax in the evenings" rooms.  My HAED stocking is in the Living Room where I watch football with DH on Sundays and Mondays, and sometimes baseball during the week.  Remember this stocking?


 I haven't stitched on it since April!  Here's my progress now... (It's a crummy picture... SORRY!)



I only managed 400 stitches or so, but I am so glad to have finished that chunk of confetti stitching at the bottom of the column!!  YAY!

The next WIP I pulled out I hadn't touched since February... of 2012!!!  It's the one in the upper left.  This is the one I stitch on when DD and I have Jane Austen or old movie marathons.  I remember why I stopped working on it.  It's a kit and the floss is definitely NOT DMC.  It shreds horribly!!! : ( 


Here's my progress...


I do love the colors in that one! : )

I went through my patterns and WIP's and such the other day and picked out a number that I would like to work on this next little while.  I definitely couldn't finish all of them in that time since a number of them are bigger projects, but maybe if I finish a few of them before Christmas I'll have my Crazy January 15 all picked out.  I didn't do the Crazy January challenge last year, but looking back at 2012, I really did well on completing most of those projects, so I think I might try it again this coming year.

Here's my list...  (The ** are WIP's)

1.  HAED Little Drummer Boy Stocking**
2.  Dimensions Heart & Soul **
3.  Stoney Creek Winter Sanctuary Stocking (Need fabric)
4.  LHN Patience Sheep (Kitted)
5.  LHN Wisdom Sheep (Kitted)
6.  LK A Good Marriage (Need fabric and floss)
7.  Precious Moments January Snowdrop (charity) (Kitted)
8.  PM March or November (charity) (Need fabric)
9.  Bent Creek Gobble (Need fabric)
10.  HE Ornament - Along for the Ride (Kitted)
11. Live Within Your Harvest Bookmark (Kitted)
12.  LK Promise Me (Need fabric)
13.  Stoney Creek "O Holy Night" **
14.  HAED Christmas Mailbox (Need fabric & floss)
15. MS Ornament **
16.  Dimensions Twilight Bridge **
17.  LHN Acorn Hill **
18.  LHN Kindness (Kitted)

15 comments:

Simply Victoria said...

You go, my ambitious friend! : ) You will have to add "Good Tidings" to your list too. Once you get it ; )

Linda said...

You made great progress on your projects Tricia. I love that you have your list already for the CJC2014. I have been thinking about it, but I'll change my mind a thousand times between now and Jan 1.

Linda

Mary said...

Congratulations to Carol. She is a talented stitcher and wonderful stitching friend.
You are making good progress on your wip's, Tricia.
Ironically,when my daughter comes home, I work on a wip but admit not much gets done because we catch up on tv, fun stuff and snack!
Yes, I agree...kits can be frustrating. Seems that the larger they are, the worse it gets.

Brigitte said...

You have some very lovely WIPs on the go. I also pull mine out from time to time to put some stitches in.
Nice progress on the stocking.

cucki said...

Wow all your projects are so pretty...
Huge hugs x

Teresa said...

Looks like a wonderful list. I love the Heart and Soul, sorry the threads are giving you a hard time.

Joyce Clark Frank said...

Your progress is looking good.

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely progress.

Mary Ann said...

Lots of lovely stitching progress, and I enjoyed seeing your list of future stitches!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Sometimes its just nice to pull those old projects out and get them stitched up!

Julie said...

Some lovley projects in your list, good luck with them all.

Andrea said...

Lots of lovely progress. Good luck with your list.

Carol said...

I'm so excited that you picked my name, Tricia :) I'm really looking forward to stitching it...

Your stocking is amazing--so much detail makes it look incredibly realistic. Good luck with your list--I wish I was that organized. I just tend to stitch one project at a time and when that is done, I'm sometimes at a loss as to what to start next!!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

All your WIPS are fabulous...but that stocking...absolutely WONDERFUL!

Sally said...

Your stocking looks gorgeous Tricia.

Love all your WIPs.

Have you signed up for the Frosty Forest series yet?! lol!