1.14.2014

Stitch from Stash #1 - A Finish!!

Greetings and Salapuppies, everyone!

It's time for my January Stitch from Stash post, cuz I have a FINISH to show you.   WOO HOO!  By the way, in case you are wondering, my dad would always say "Greetings", which was lengthened into "Greetings and Salutations", which morphed into "Greetings and Salamanders" and has now changed into "Greetings and Salapuppies".  And no, no one has ever accused me of being normal... LOL!! ;)

Are you ready for an overload of cuteness??  Let me present "Mitten Friends" by Imaginating.  I'll even link it, in case you want to stitch it, too!! : )


It is stitched with DMC on 16 ct natural aida, and was a JOY to stitch.  I really love the Imaginating patterns!  And, yes, I did put "2013" as the date.  I stitched most of it last year, and really thought I'd be done by December... LOL!!

OK, here's my Stitch from Stash report....

January, 2014

Amount Spent (so far): $0.00
New Starts from Stash:  Will start an exchange piece today from a 2006 magazine
WIPs worked on:  FINISHED Mitten Friends!!! : )

I thought it would be fun to post my top five wishes during the month that I didn't buy.
Here's this month's list...

Imaginating - Mantel Mischief

HAED - The Nativity  LOL - I have this on my list twice! : )  Here and again in February!

Lizzie Kate To Do List - Received from a secret stitching angel!! : )

Lizzie Kate - Spring String

Pine Mountain - Wondrous

I am saving my stash money right now to buy one of these...

Fiber Hider
I'm thinking the turtle, since I stitch so slowly!! : )

All right, that's it for right now.  I'm going to go pull fabric and floss for my Valentine's Exchange piece.  You probably won't get to see it until next month, though... Sorry!!

Happy stitching!

Tricia

29 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh that is sweet Tricia. Good for you! I had not heard of Fiber Hiders before. Neat!

Mii Stitch said...

Oh Tricia, what a cute creation!Congrats on your finish, it is really adorable!

Annie said...

I love your finish! I bought the pattern after your last update because I fell in love with it:)

Vicki said...

Your finish is so cute! I'm not familiar with Fiber Hiders so I'm off to look them up...

Barb said...

Your finish is so cute. Great job on it.

Linda said...

Congrats on the adorable finish Tricia. I started this one last year and haven't touched it since. Diane Arthurs is my favorite designer. Love your stash that your not buying. lol I also started the Mantel Mischief last year.

Linda

Emma/Itzy said...

Well done on the very sweet finish! Also well done on not spending too!

Carol said...

Such an adorable finish, Tricia! And good for you for Stitching From Stash--I know you probably have many wonderful charts already in your stash just calling your name :)

Paula Laird said...

Ack! Too cute!!! And I'm kind of in love with some of your unbought wishes. Yikes! Better start a project of my own so I'm not tempted!

Lee said...

OMGosh Tricia!!! You make me want to get back into Cross Stitching so badly!!!! I think I just might have to get that snowman pattern!!

Shari said...

too stinkin' cute!!!!!! Why did I look?!?!?!!? Now I want that one...
I love your idea to post the things you kept yourself from buying...maybe I should do that & start with these adorable snowmen!!!!

Joyce Casaldi said...

This is adorable!

Simply Victoria said...

Very cute! I didn't sign up to stitch from my stash but am aiming to do the same. Hope that you meet your goals!
Send me an email some time : )

Thoeria said...

Awwww....that *is* cute!!! Hmmm.....the LK To Do List has now gone on my wishlist :D

Brigitte said...

Haha, such a funny idea to show pictures of the things you did NOT buy! That's really neat and makes the whole thing even more interesting, lol.
I love your finish, it really is cute and I love cute.

Shirlee said...

Congratulations not only on the wonderful finish (I love snowmen & mittens!) but also for sticking to your guns & not spending on more stash! Your top 5 wishes are great though : ) May I ask where you can buy the Fiber Hiders? I know I have one. It's hiding in one of the myriad of moving boxes upstairs. I'm cracking up at you maybe choosing the turtle : ) Continued success on your finishes & resolve not to spend too much : )

Bekca said...

The Lizzie Kate To Do List is on my dream wishlist too! Fantastic finish, well done you for not spending a thing :)
Best wishes.

Barb said...

It is gorgeous Tricia , and I love the other imaginating one you like too. So much out there to tempt us but well done on the resisting. Looking forward to seeing whats next.

CalamityJr said...

What a great finish. You just can't go wrong with snowmen! You're doing really well with stitching from stash, too; kudos to you.

Angela P said...

Congrats on your super cute finish....adore the Snowmen :)

Good for you for not spending any money so far. My SFS report is coming up soon.

Lesleyanne said...

A lovely finish. Well done with your SFS progress so far.

Andrea said...

Tricia, your finish is just gorgeous. The snowmen are cute but the colours in the piece are lovely.

Sarah Beth said...

Oh I love the imaginating ones too. I have this pattern in my stash and I may just go ahead and start it. It really is adorable. I like the wish list one you have from imaginating. The mice are so cute. LK charts are so fun too...I'm doing SFS too. Need to give my report also.

Shebafudge said...

HAED's Nativity is one that is definitely on my wishlist. It is such a gorgeous design!

What a lovely finish too. Those snowmen are so cute!

Sally said...

Lovely post Tricia. Congratulations on your first Stitch from Stash finish.

What a lovely idea to pop your wishes up that you managed not to buy. I'm doing well up to now but then again I have had two of my autos as well as an order I placed before Christmas and paid for at the end of December as well as a chart I won on the Norden Crafts Facebook page. Wait a few months until my Frosty Forest auto is finished then I may be climbing the walls lol!

Julie said...

What a cute finish Mittens is, adorable!

Teresita said...

muy bonitos!

SoCal Debbie said...

Great job, Tricia! Mitten Friends is adorable! I'm in the Stitch from Stash group too. I love your idea of showing what you were tempted to buy but didn't. I just might copy that! LOL

Faith... said...

Your Mitten Friends looks great! Congrats on your finish and for staying within budget for January.