1.27.2014

The Joys of January

I am loving this Stitch from Stash challenge!  For some reason it is really motivating me and I have three small finishes - wait, FOUR finishes since last we spoke - two were WIP's and two new starts.

First, my valentine exchange ...

OOPS!  I can't show you that!  But I can show you the one I received from Joyce.  She made me such a pretty hand towel and sent a handmade card and some silk floss as a sweet extra since my allergies made the other "extra" options not such good choices. : )


After I finished Mitten Friends, I pulled out a sweet Margaret Sherry ornament that Mouse had sent me two years ago.  I made a promise to myself that I would never again do a MS piece on aida.  That backstitching is a killer!


BTW, please excuse my pictures today.  I couldn't get good lighting no matter how hard I tried!

Next I started LHN Sheep Virtues "Patience"...


Just pretend it isn't shaky...  It's really pretty! : )

Then I pulled out a sweet LHN ornament - Good Tidings that I had won when Vicki was doing a blog giveaway last year.  Thanks Vicki!!


Last night I pulled out another UFO - WIP that I started a few years ago during the January Crazy Challenge - Dimensions "Heart and Soul".  Maybe I can finish this by the end of February, or maybe even by the end of the Super Bowl... who knows!! :)




Now a note to some dear sweet stitching angel who sent me this pattern off my wish list and didn't give her name....


THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

It was my favorite of the patterns I listed and I am SO excited to stitch this!  I'm going to put it in my "to do soon" basket and use some of my budgeted $$ to kit it up sometime this year when I have the urge to spend.

That was SO sweet of you to do for me.  You really, really were an encouragement to me today, and I thank God for you!!!!!! 

Thanks for stopping by today.  I always read and enjoy your comments, even when I don't respond.  I appreciate each and every one of you!

Happy Stitching!

Tricia

19 comments:

Faith... said...

Lots of great stitching and what wonderful gifts you have received! I too am loving Stitch from Stash - hope we all can get lots of WIPs finished and discover long forgotten charts in our stash.

Thoeria said...

Some really lovely stitching! I have to say again that the blue in your sheep virtues really does "pop"! How lovely getting that LK chart! I know you have yo be itching to get that started :)

Linda said...

Congrats on the great finishes Tricia. Because of you, I added Mitten Friends to my Turtle Trot pieces and took out Blue Bird Floral. I hope mine looks as good as yours when I done.

Linda

Julie said...

A beautiful collection of work you've been working on. The little Shepherd ornament is really a cute one.
How lovely to receive a surprise in the post from a stitching angel.

Mii Stitch said...

Great stitching, you've been so busy!! :) Whoever sent you the LK chart is definitely an Angel, this is so kind!!

Joyce Clark Frank said...

WOW, that was quick. I just mailed your package on Saturday.
Glad you liked it.
Great stitching.

And This Little Pig said...

All so lovely.
Libbie :@

Sheila said...

Great stitching this month! Maybe we can get a lot of stitching done this year with SFS.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Tricia you've had some great finishes from your stash so far! Keep up the great work!

Vickie said...

Great work Tricia. The backstitching on MS was so worth it!
What a fabulous gift and nice thing done for you.

Bekca said...

What a lovely RAK! I'm sure you'll enjoy stitching up that pattern :) I know what you mean about being inspired by the SFS challenge, my needle has been flying lately!
Best wishes.

Carol said...

Such a kind RAK, Tricia--stitchers are the best, aren't they? I love your projects--especially the Patience piece. I've stitched two of these little pieces lately--they sure are addicting!!

Vicky L said...

All of your finishes are beautiful. I love the changes you made on the sheep ornament. Such a wonderful RAK!

Brigitte said...

Wow, you were doing so great! And all these lovely finishes, a great feeling to have accomplished so much, isn't it.
Enjoy your great RAK gift.

Anne said...

Wonderful finishes Tricia!! I like the sheep one as he's seems really glowy and luminous! Very sweet gifts and exchanges. How nice for someone to send you something off your list!

Jan Gartlan said...

Such fabulous progress! What a lovely treat to get that pattern in the mail

Stitching Noni said...

Great stitching progress :o)
Love that sheep. You have some lovely designs on the go :o)

Simply Victoria said...

You are making great progress! Nice to see Good Tidings finished : ) Such a sweet RAK from a very generous lady.

Shebafudge said...

Gorgeous stitching!! What a lovely surprise to receive!