2.28.2014

The Finish of February

Hello friends!  Happy end of February!!

Well, after my last finish, I started on Promise Me - 28 over 1.  I had started it once on 14 count, but my daughter stitched it on 28 over 1 and it made the one on 14 count look humongous, so I restarted.  This one was turning out SO pretty, but I was NOT enjoying it at all.  It is just too small for my eyes and my sore back and shoulders.  Sigh.  So, since I believe cross stitch is supposed to be relaxing and fun, I gave up, packed up the chart and threads and all, and I'll give it to my other DD for her birthday or Christmas.  She's wanted to stitch the chart and it will be a perfect gift for her.  Win.Win!


In its place I worked on Bunny Baby - a sweet chart that I hope to finish for a charity quilt.  I love the colors and I love the 16 count aida.  It is simply a pleasant stitch and makes me smile to work on it.  : )




So want to see what made my wish list for the past two weeks???  I found lots of fun projects to add!!! : )

Wish List

Leather fobs... from Shepherd's Bush Blog... LOVE the Scottie and the Sheep - well, all of them actually!!!!
Chessie and Me - Hope of Spring - I love the colors and the sheep and the bunnies!
SB - Spring Box - It has a sheep! : )
LOL!  As if I need another HAED, but this one is SO pretty!

Aren't these two bags just HAPPY????
Orange Owls Project Bag - Crazy Annies

Polka Dot Coffee Project Bag - Crazy Annies

Shepherd's Bush Count Your Blessings


Take Time to Stitch and Embellishment pack - Gorgeous Fall colors!

Thanks for stopping in and happy stitching!!

Tricia



14 comments:

Linda said...

I don't blame you for not stitching on 28ct over one, heck, I can't even stitch on it over 2. Love the bunny one.

Linda

Vicky L said...

Stitching over 1 is hard. Would it be easier to stitch over 2? Your bunny is cute.

Shirlee said...

You've got some lovely additions to you wish list there : )

Vickie said...

Wowie! You have a big wish list! Pretty cool stuff.

KimM said...

Love your Bunny!! Precious! Your Wish List choices are outstanding. ;)

Brigitte said...

That's a great wish list with such beautiful charts.
That bunny baby is just adorable.

Bekca said...

I agree, stitching should be enjoyable. I'm glad you've found a project you love working on :)
Best wishes.

Julie said...

Your little bunny is adorable.
Lots of lovely things on your wish list.

Mary Ann said...

The baby bunny piece is so cute, and I really enjoyed seeing your wish list items!

Andrea said...

Stitching is supposed to be relaxing and enjoyable, so if it is not doing either of those things then stop! Love your new project. A very nice selection on your wish list.

Carol said...

Yes, stitching is supposed to bring relaxation--not cause stress! You are wise to pass it along to your other daughter (and how lucky are you to have not one, but two daughters who also stitch, Tricia!)... The little baby bunny WIP is adorable--such a sweet face :)

Sally said...

I was going to start something over 1 on 28 count but thought better of it! Lol.

Cute new project!

Nice items added to the wish list. Mine keeps growing too!

Annette-California said...

Oh yes stitching is to be FUN!!! What great items for your wish list:)
love Annette
ps the bunny chart your stitching is by Ellen Maurer-Stroh Have you been to her forum? its
http://www.cross-stitch-board.com/forum/forum.php

Annette-California said...

I agree that stitching should be FUN! Love what your stitching.
Your darling bunny wip is by Ellen Maurer-Stroh. Have you been to her forum? its
http://www.cross-stitch-board.com/forum/forum.php

love Annette