5.17.2014

{Stitch from Stash #5} May Update

Hi everyone!

It's time for my May Stitch from Stash Update!  And, yes, I spent some $$ this month... but it is all Mel's fault.  LOL!!  Some of you may remember that she told us in the newsletter that HAED had a 50% off sale for Mother's Day, and I'm suddenly in a Christmas mood, since it is actually sunny out here... (I'm not sure how that works, but when it was cold, I didn't want to think about winter.  Now that it's warm, I'm thinking about Christmas!  LOL!)  Anyway...  I finally bought The Nativity pattern that had been on my wish list. : )


I'm doing it on 18 count.  Since I'll be working on it for 10 years or so, I decided to use a fabric size that I enjoy working on. : )

Here's my progress so far...

Here's how far I have to go...

LOL!!! : )  
Rather than buying all the floss at once, I'm going to plan to do about 1 1/2 columns a week, and just pick up the floss I need week by week.  I only needed one color to start!

Wish me much perseverance!! : )  

On to a smaller thing...

My little finish for this month.


Cross Country Stitching - Apr 2011


 So here's my update...

Carried forward from April - $30.89
Plus May budget - $25.00

Available:  55.89

Spent:
5.25 on magazine so I can stitch this piece sometime
10.50 on chart
4.11 on fabric
4.21 on marking pencil and floss
TOTAL:  24.07

Balance to carry forward... 31.82

TTFN!!

Tricia


19 comments:

Vickie said...

Wowza! That is a big piece. It is going to be awesome!

Mary Ann said...

I love your finish, and the Nativity piece will be beautiful when finished! It may take a while to stitch, but it will be worth it.

Teresa said...

Cute finish. It will be a wonderful piece no matter how long it takes, just enjoy the journey.

Marcy said...

Pretty finish, love the colors. Good luck with the new start.

Heather said...

That's going to be an amazing piece! Good job on staying under budget! :-)

Linda said...

Love your new chart Tricia and great start.

Linda

butterfly said...

Great start , it will be a work of art . hugs.

Faith... said...

Cute finish and I just love your Nativity chart. I think since it was Mel's fault it shouldn't count against your budget :)

Cindy's Stitching said...

I like the nativity piece.

cucki said...

Beautiful start..so pretty x

Frances N said...

Just found your blog! I love that nativity piece, and it will be gorgeous when finished! It might take a while, but it's gonna be a show stopper!
Please check out my new blog and register for my giveaway!
asymphonyofstitches@blogspot.com
Happy Stitching!

Mii Stitch said...

Great start! Have fun :)

Pull the other thread said...

What a great new piece, lovely start on it. Love your finish as well, it's so sweet. Well done on your budget.

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

I LOVE this one...have looked at it myself MANY times. GO GO GO!!

Andrea said...

Wow a lovely WIP. A great start. Congratulations on your finish too.

Carol said...

Oh, my--what a masterpiece that will be, Tricia!! I am in awe--I would never dare attempt something so huge... Very cute finish, too :)

Shebafudge said...

Brilliant start! Colin bought me this a few months ago but I don't have the fabric yet so can't start. I will have to drool over yours for now :)

DJ said...

Love, Love, Love the nativity piece!! We have the same pattern, but I started at the bottom...but that's me, I've always been a little backward!! I admire that you've stayed on your stash diet...I feel off mine with a huge thud!! That earthquake they had on the east coast? That was me!! LOL Great work, can't wait to see more! *Hugs*

Bekca said...

I love following HAED designs grow, this one is going to be stunning. Congrats on the lovely finish too :)
Best wishes.