6.28.2014

{The Nativity} Page One Finished!

Hi everyone! I'm so excited... I finished page one of  The Nativity last night. Now I know that page one out of ... way too many to count... isn't a big deal. But I'm thrilled that I met my first goal. I started on May 15th and I finished page one last night - so that was 5200 stitches in a month and a half and my goal was 3000 stitches a month. If I could keep on that pace for {COUGH, COUGH} a little over 4 years, I'll be done! That would mean no other stitching, mind you. No other WIPS, no other new starts, nothing! LOL

I'll actually, in all probability, start working on another project for at least 15 minutes a day, just so I don't get burned out on this one. I need to work on a couple of things for Christmas, and I'd like to do a block for charity, too, but I'm just really, really enjoying this right now!! And, the best news is that I don't have to buy any floss for the next page, unless I run out of a color. Yay!

 So here's the picture...

HAED The Nativity - 18 ct - 2 over 1
Start Date - May 15, 2014

19 comments:

Vickie said...

Woo Hoo! Good for you. Wow, that is a big one. So glad you are loving it.

butterfly said...

Looks wonderful .

Barb said...

It's looking good so far. I look forward to seeing further progress.

Carol said...

Hooray!! That is a ton of stitches in a short time, Tricia... You can do it :)

gordon-j said...

I was glad to see you make a note on what your goal for the month was in terms of total number of stitches. As I am starting to tackle some larger projects for the first time, it is helpful to see what other people do. Not so much in a "keeping up" manner, but in a pacing myself kind of way.

Shebafudge said...

Gorgeous! I so want to start mine now. :)

Heather said...

Yeah! Way to go!

Vicki said...

It is gorgeous!!

Linda said...

Congrats on the page finish Tricia. It looks great.

Linda

Meari said...

Congrats on finishing page 1. Yay!

Brigitte said...

Wow, that was a big goal and you did it. Congratulations.

cucki said...

Beautiful stitching xxd

Anne said...

Lots of great little stitches there Tricia! Well done on finishing a page! Makes me want to fish out my HAED!!

Bekca said...

Congratulations on reaching your first goal! Your dedication is paying off :)
Best wishes.

Thoeria said...

Great going!! I'm about 600 or so stitches into my first HAED and can understand what you mean about getting burnt out by them :)

Annette-California said...

WOW! That's amazing. Now we can really see the palm tree trunk:)
Fabulous! And Congrats on finishing a page. I certainly know that great feeling.
love Annette

Lauren M said...

Looking beautiful!

Shirlee said...

What a masterpiece this will be : )

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congrats on finishing that first page!!!