7.15.2014

{Stitch from Stash} July Update

Hi everyone!

I think I am the earliest Stitch from Stash reporter... I've been trying to post close to the 15th every month because otherwise I'm apt to forget to post at all. :)  I don't have a ton of progress to show this time on The Nativity, though.  A couple days after posting the picture with my Page One finish, my Mom took a turn for the worse and I spent the next week with her at our local Hospice In-Patient facility.  She passed away last Monday, and my daughter and I were blessed to be with her when she died.  The week has SO many sweet memories and evidences of God's hand.  Big things like the fact that the Hospice House opened the very morning that Mom needed it at night, to little things like my niece having a new baby shortly after visiting my Mom and bringing him in the next morning.  Mom hadn't been able to talk and hadn't been very responsive, but when they laid that baby next to her, her arm came up to cradle it.  It was precious.  My brother and sisters and my daughter and I spent hours and hours and hours singing hymns around her bedside... again, just precious memories.  And one special afternoon, my Mom lifted her arm to give me a hug.  She lived and died with her hope in Jesus Christ as her Saviour and Friend.  I pray that will be said of me when I die as well!

Anyway... here's my progress in a very blurry picture..  I'm a little over 6100 stitches in.


Spending.... $0.00
Balance Forward... $80.98

Happy Stitching!

Tricia

23 comments:

Annie said...

Beautiful stitching!
So sorry to hear about your mom passing. I'm glad you got to spend that special time with her at the end. The story about her arm coming up to cradle the newborn gave me chills! Hugs and prayers to you and your family.

Anne said...

Oh Tricia, I'm so sorry to hear the loss of your dear mother. That was good to have been with her in the end and that she died peacefully. As Orthodox we pray in our liturgy "For a Christian end to our life, painless, blameless, peaceful..." and so it is she was granted that. Memory Eternal! Sending you many hugs and prayers for your mother and you.

Dani - tkdchick said...

I'm so sorry to read about the loss of your mother, that's a hard thing to get through. At least you had one last week with her and were able to create special memories.

Your stitching looks lovely.

cucki said...

So sorry to hear about the loss of your sweet mom..sending you big hugs my dear.
Beautiful stitching xxd

Linda said...

Sorry about the loss of your mom Tricia. At least you all had a great week with her.

Nice progress on your stitching.

Linda

DJ said...

So sorry to hear about your Mom, Tricia. What a blessing that you and your family could be with her and that you know you will see her again. *Hugs* Your stitching is lovely too!

Teresa said...

Sorry about your mother. You are blessed to have such happy memories and even more blessed to know she has gone home to be with the Lord.

Vicky L said...

I am sorry to hear about your mom's passing. I will say a prayer for you. Your stitching is beautiful.

butterfly said...

Sorry of the loss of your mother, it is times like this when you know there is something on the other side who will look after your mother ,
I had the same when my parents died .
God bless to you and your family.

Your stitching looks lovely.

Mii Stitch said...

So sorry about the passing of your Mum. Treasure these last moments & beautiful memories for ever. Big hugs xxxx

Forgot about the stitching! You did some progress and it looks lovely :)

Simply Victoria said...

What a blessing to you and your family to have such a sweet time with your mom in her final time here. May His comfort continue to be with you!

Lulu said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you have some beautiful last memories of her:)

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

Tricia, my sincerest sympathy to you and your family. Having just visited and sat with a dying friend, I know the peace that those little things that point to God's presence bring. May your Mother rest in peace. And I am totally sure when it is your time, that the same precious words you spoke of your Mom, will be spoken of you.
Your Little Drummer Boy...amazing!

CalamityJr said...

I'm so sorry that your mother passed away. May all the beautiful memories you made that last week and the knowledge of her being home with the Lord bring you comfort.

Brigitte said...

So sad to read about your mom passing away. What a consolation it must have been for you and for her that she was surrounded by family. Receive my condolences.

Carol said...

Oh, Tricia, your post brought tears to my eyes. How blessed you were in those final days with her. I can only imagine how much you will miss her presence here on earth, but how wonderful for you to know she has a special place in heaven... Sending you a warm hug and thinking of you and your family.

KimM said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. Mine passed away in November and left a big hole in my heart. I never thought I'd stop crying….but soon happy memories came flooding through. Take care - treasure your memories. The hurt you fell will numb a little as time goes by…..
xxx

Sally said...

Oh Tricia I am so very sorry to hear of your Mum's passing. Thinking of you and your family.

Beautiful progress on your stitching and well done on the stitch from stash.

Andrea said...

So sorry to hear of your Mum's passing. Sending (((hugs))).

Bekca said...

I'm so sorry to read about your mother's passing. It sounds like she went very gently with family by her side. Thinking of you and your family at this difficult time.
Best wishes to you all.

Julie said...

{{big hug}} to you and your family Tricia. xxxx

Shebafudge said...

Sorry for the loss of your mother. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. xx

Thoeria said...

Tricia, I am so sorry to hear about your sad loss. Losing a loved one is never easy...and a Mum ....
Keeping you and your family in my thoughts xxx