10.20.2014

Stitch from Stash - October

I had so much fun spending some of my stashed stitching money this month!  When I wrote my last post - the one where I was in a needtobuysomething mood - I didn't realize that I was coming down with the cold/flu that DH brought home last week.  Well, after a week of feeling not so great, I celebrated starting to feel better by doing a little shopping. : )

Here's the rundown...

I really was trying to be good, so last night when I was still feeling sneezy and wheezy I sat down on the floor and spread my charts over the floor.  "I'll just kit up something I have in my stash!", thought I.  Pretty soon I had piles of "I like this!" and piles of "I should stitch this because someone sent it to me" and piles of "I want to do a charity stitch or two next year" scattered around me, and then I opened one of my folders and saw this...

HAED Mini Christmas Mailbox
That was it!!  I looked to see if I had enough fabric leftover from the yard I bought for The Nativity.  WOW!  The Mini one will only be half the size!  Who knew!!  (As a side note... I didn't start the Mini Mailbox last year when I got it because it was TOO BIG.  And now listen to me!  LOL!!)  Anyway, I had enough fabric, so I started to plan...

I went through my floss and marked what I needed.  I made a list of accessories I wanted to have, and I started shopping...

Here's the rundown...

One big Decorative Box to hold the threads, accessories, fabric and charts of my two HAED's on the go.

One little Decorative Box to hold the extra skeins of floss.

Bobbins and Needles

One DMC Storage Box

DMC Floss to finish kitting up The Nativity and Mini Mailbox

One Kiss & Make Up Bag to hold accessories....  It's Vonna's fault.

One clipboard to hold my pattern

One Dimensions Kit from EBay

One WOCS magazine from Ebay with a stitch I want to do for charity.

For a grand total of $78.00 BUT Mel just said we could have a $50.00 exemption once before the end of the year, so I'm going to take it now, making my total a mere $28.00.

So here's my accounting for the month...

I started with a balance of $123.51 + October's allowance of $25.00 = $148.51
I spent $78.00 - $50.00 exemption= $28.00.  So my balance forward is $120.51.

My goal is to stitch on 5 projects for the rest of the year...
1. HAED The Nativity (WIP)
2. Stoney Creek Woodland Sanctuary Stocking (WIP)
3. LHN Necessities Sampler (WIP) (I can start something new if I finish this, 
but it needs to be a charity piece.)
4. HAED Mini Christmas Mailbox - New Start
5. Dimensions Kit Oh Holy Night - New Start

But I have quite a bit still in my Stitch from Stash "account", so if I get desperate again, or if I need fabric or floss for the charity stitch, or if I just want to place a Black Friday order, I still have room to play. : )  This has been such a fun challenge!  Next year I'd like to do this for my stamping supplies, too.  I've spent WAY more there this year than I have on stitching!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Tricia

ps I've already started both the Dimensions kit and the new HAED.  You'll have to come back in a week or two for pictures! :)

17 comments:

Emma/Itzy said...

I will look forward to watching you stitch this one as I also have it in my stash! Enjoy :)

Justine said...

I LOVE that HAED mini! You might just have got your own back on me...

Linda said...

Love the chart Tricia. Fantastic job at staying within the stitch from stash goal. I dropped out after the first couple months.

Linda

Heather Bybee said...

I love the mailbox! Can't wait to see it stitched!

butterfly said...

Looks like you have set your plans and now I can't wait to see your work, have fun.

Thoeria said...

Oh that is a beauty! And ofcourse you would need all the other bits as well :)

Annette-California said...

Beautiful mini Christmas mailbox design. Looking forward to watch your progress. love Annette

cucki said...

Looking a very swet mailbox chart and I love it
Happy stitching x

Julie said...

WOW.. that's a beauty, I'm looking forward to watching your progress on that.

Vickie said...

Good for you! You are doing so well, and THAT is a beauty!

Sheila said...

Love the Christmas mailbox chart. Look forward to seeing the progress.
Hope you're feeling better. I'm kinda still in the shopping mood, need to go thru fabric and threads for the new charts. Also the stash charts .

Carol said...

Oh, that is another beauty, Tricia! And I'd say starting to feel better is certainly a good reason to treat yourself to some stash :)

Brigitte said...

Your new HAED is such a beautiful design. And your new purchases are all well deserved.

Lulu said...

Christmas Mailbox is a lovely chart! I have a copy of it but who knows when I'll ever start it ;)

Sally said...

Oooh Tricia I have the Mini Christmas Mailbox too! I've had it ages and now I want to start it! Can't yet though so I shall live through you!

I spent the bonus this month too! I feel quite ashamed really as next month is my free month but never mind!

Andrea said...

Wow that is a gorgeous piece. I'm so looking forward to your progress on this.

Pull the other thread said...

Love the HAED design you choose. It looks so pretty. Really looking forward to seeing your work on it. Hope you are feeling much better now. Great SFS report!