11.11.2014

Stitching Fun and Frustrations!

Hi everyone!

Do any of you have trouble with stitching a certain designer's work?  I just LOVE Lizzie Kate and Little House Needleworks and Country Cottage Stitching designs, but every time I stitch one of them I end up frogging and frogging and frogging.  Every. Single. Time.  Why is that???  They are not hard charts.  There are not a lot of color changes.  They should be easy relaxing stitches!!!  Take this lovely little piece here.  Notice where I stopped??


Yes, the bottom of the X.  Only when I picked it up again, I assumed it was the bottom of the Y and so that's what I stitched.  And then I stitched the Z and the little tree under that and the little house under that....  You get the picture. : )  Sigh.

I think I need to stick with pieces like this instead...


I just love how my HAED Nativity looks!!   I worked some on the Mini Mailbox, too, but I think I'll save pictures until I have something to show you other than a blob of pink.

Here's my progress on the Stoney Creek stocking.  I'm enjoying this one, too, for the most part!


My daughter has been after me to make out my Christmas wish list, and I'm adding a few charts and some fabric here and there.  How fun!  And Nancy keeps posting more Christmas giveaways which is fun, too!  Here are a couple more of my favorites...


Have a splendid day!  

Tricia

13 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh man! I hear ya. The frogs have been here for days. I wanted to cut up my stitching with scissors I was so mad and frustrated.
That stocking is awesome!

Vicki said...

All three of your projects look terrific! Sometimes I think I make more mistakes on the "easier" patterns because I'm not paying close attention as I do on the "harder" ones. I'm still trying to get up my nerve to try an HAED - they are so beautiful!

Pull the other thread said...

Beautiful stitching on your projects. Sorry to hear about the frogging. I do find that with charts with letters I'm more likely to make some sort of error.

butterfly said...

Love your S/Creek I must stitch a stocking one year.

Linda said...

Sorry about the frog visit Tricia. I love all the pieces your working on and you have made some nice progress.

Linda

Brigitte said...

I don't have to frog very often because I am A slow stitcher. But IF so, I frog and frog the same stitches and can't manage to get them right, lol. That IS frustrating, lol.

Great pieces that you stitch on.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Yes certain charts and designers are easier to stitch than others for me. Your projects are certainly lovely don't let the frog (reverse stitch) get you down

Katie said...

Do you mark off where you have stitched on your pattern? I find it helps me not to make mistakes. I love how the hard ones are easier though I so agree haha. Love all your stitching.

Simply Victoria said...

I have found that I frog more on LHN patterns too. I wonder why that is. Your stocking is really looking lovely.

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

Frogging is just part of the territory...I do it a lot too! Love that Stocking!! And Of course the drummer boy...that is going to be stunning!

Mary Ann said...

I try to avoid so much frogging by marking what I have stitched on a working copy of the chart with a colored pencil

I love the stocking, and the Nativity is really looking great!

Sally said...

Yep I have times like that too. The simplest of designs and the frog arrives yet HAED charts I can stitch without much of a problem!

Your WIPs look great :)

Andrea said...

Perhaps the harder the chart design the more your brain concentrates! Easy mistake to make, especially if you are tired. All of your WIPS look lovely.