1.10.2015

YOTA and Mid-January Update

Hi everyone!

Today is the first Year of the Acronym (YOTA) update!  I've been working on my chosen piece - Stoney Creek's O Holy Night, that I started back in 2012. I decided that I would stitch on it for about 30 minutes each morning and see how much I get accomplished.  Here' my before...



And here's my after...


I'm so excited to be working on it again.  It will be so pretty!!

In non-YOTA stitching I've been working on the Stoney Creek Stocking that I would like to have done for Christmas this year.  I've been working on this one for about 2 or 2 1/2 hours each night and I just finished the bottom page yesterday.  Maybe I can come close to finishing it this month!!


Thanks for stopping by today!  

Tricia

18 comments:

KimM said...

Oh my - what gorgeous stitching!!!
xxx

Heather said...

Great progress so far good luck with the stocking!

Pull the other thread said...

What a great YOTA update. You have made amazing progress already. Love the stocking.

Heather said...

Lovely stitching Tricia! Can't wait to see the finished stocking!

Linda said...

Wonderful progress on both pieces Tricia. I keep telling myself to pick a piece and do one strand a day on it but, that hasn't happened yet.

Linda

Vickie said...

These are both wonderful pieces Tricia. Good for you dedicating time to get them done.

Shebafudge said...

Both of them look like lovely stitching. x

Justine said...

Gorgeous piece and what a great idea to stitch a little on it every day! The fabric is beautiful. Your stocking looks amazing.

Gillie said...

That commitment really made a difference. Well done!

Katie said...

Lots of great progress. Keep it up! Love the stocking.

Deb said...

Oh my gosh your work is beautiful!!! Well done!!!

Brigitte said...

Both projects are absolutely great. This stocking will be gorgeous. I love Stoney Creek designs and have a big one in my BAP list. It's so much fun to stitch on them.

Julie said...

The stocking looks magnificent. Well done on the YOTA too.

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely progress on your stitching!!

Anne said...

Beautiful start on O Holy Night Tricia! I love the fabric you chose to work it on. That stocking is amazing and wow, loads of stitching! It'll be fabulous once complete!!

Carol said...

Oh, your stocking WIP is just incredible, Tricia--such detail in that design! Lovely stitching on your O Holy Night, too--it must be such fun to watch the figures appear on the fabric :)

Enjoy your day!!

Andrea said...

Wonderful stitching, love the stocking.

Lulu said...

Beautiful stitching progress :). Your YOTA piece is wonderful and I can't wait to see more of it next month.