8.24.2015

{Stitch from Stash} August

Goodness, how this month has flown!  I've been working fairly steadily on my Lizzie Kate piece, but I don't want to show its picture again until I've given it away. :)  So... here's the REALLY BORING Stitch from Stash mandatory check in details...

Month: August 2015
Spent: $0
Earned: $0
Budget forward:  $50.00

My husband is doing SO well since his brain surgery in June.  He is back at work full time - or more than full time, and has more energy each day.  My energy comes and goes depending on the stress of the day and what I eat. : )  The prevailing opinion on a helpful diet for me seems to be lots of vegetables (but no tomatoes, peppers or potatoes) and meat and some dairy and healthy fats.  No coffee, sugar, and little to no fruit or nuts or carbs.  Considering I really don't enjoy vegetables that much and I DO enjoy the "don't haves"  I'm having a little trouble sticking to it... : ) 

Thanks for dropping in.  I hope I'll have a more interesting post to share in a week or two! : )

Tricia

13 comments:

Kate said...

Congrats on another zero month! So glad to hear hubby is doing well; I hope you continue to do well, too. Good luck with the new diet. I look forward to seeing your finish :-)

Heather said...

Congrats on not spending this month :). I'm glad to hear hubby's doing so well. Hopefully you get to feeling better too. I love veggies but usually with butter which ivthinkbis a totally healthy fat ;). My doc had me on a similar but stricter diet and I couldn't do it. Hopefully once I'm moved I can try it again.

Vickie said...

I am so glad your husband continues to do well!
Hang in there with the diet changes. You can do it!

Esmeralda said...

I am glad your hubby is doing better
Very good of you for another zero month especially with all things going on in your and your familys life wright now

Brigitte said...

"Boring" but so very successful for you, lol.

Julie said...

A great SFS report. So good to read your husband has recovered well. Good luck with your dietry changes.

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

I am so happy to read your husband is doing so well! And from what I gather about the stash diet you are doing really good on that with zero expenditures! :)
Low carb and no potatoes or tomatoes...that's hard.

gominam said...

Hope you're feeling better. Diet changes are really hard at first, just hang on, you can do it:)

Fay and Charlette said...

So glad to heare your husband is doing so much better and is back at work! Good luck on the diet!

KimM said...

Congrats on your zero ,I think and so happy to hear hubby's doing well 😀

Karen said...

Good for you for not spending. Hope your husband continues to improve. I'm looking forward to seeing your stitching when you can share it.

Sally said...

Well done on your zero spend. I am really going to have to try so much harder next year! I'm staying in budget through earning but I have to do better or I'll never get through the stash I have!

Glad to hear your DH is doing well. Hope you are doing better too.

Carol said...

I've been away at the beach, Tricia, so I'm a bit late in my comments, but I am just thrilled that your husband is doing so well!!!! We both experienced miracles this summer, didn't we?

I hope you can manage the diet--I just LOVE nuts and would have a hard time eliminating them. And I"m not good with veggies at all so I would probably starve! My panic attacks have subsided now that my husband has recovered--thank goodness :)

Hope September brings us both some relaxation and more stitching time--we deserve it!